May 22, 2024, 08:03:14 AM

Author Topic: Priestess v 1.1  (Read 6048 times)

Darsul

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Priestess v 1.1
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:26:10 PM »
This build has 0 play testing but, I would like to get thoughts on it. (I don't care for the priestess but, to make a long story short I'm in need to make one.)

Creature

4 Asyran Cleric 4
1 Brogan Bloodstone 4
1 Guardian Angel 3
1 Knight of Westlock 3
1Samandriel, Angel of Light 5
1 Valshalla, Lightning Angel 5

24 Spell book points

Equipment
1 Crown of Protection 1
1 Dawnbreaker Ring 1
1 Defense Ring 2
1 Deflection Bracers 2
1 Dragonscale Hauberk 2
1 Elemental Cloak 2
1 Elemental Wand 4
2 Mage Wand 8
1 Reflex Boots 4
1 Staff of Asyra 2
1 Storm Drake Hide 2

30 spell book points

Incantation
1 Battle Fury 2
2 Dispel 4
2 Dissolve 4
2 Minor Heal 2
1 Perfect Strike 1
1 Resurrection 4
1 Seeking Dispel 2
1 Teleport 4

23 Spell book points

Enchantment
2 Bear Strength 4
2 Block 4
1 Divine Protection 1
1 Decoy 1
1 Healing Charm 1
2 Nullify 4

15 spell book points

Conjuration
1 Battle Forge 4
2 Fog bank 4
2 Hand of Bim-Shalla 2
2 Mana Flower 4
1 Temple of the Dawnbreaker 2
1 Temple of Light 2

18 Spell book points

Attack
1 Blinding Flash 2
1 Force Hammer 4
1 Jet Stream 2
2 Pillar of Light 2

10 spell Book points

Total point 120

Priestess seem to not want to "get her hands dirty" and would like to avoid direct combat. With that in mind you have 2 remaining routes to victory, summon/creature damage and/or attack conjuration. Temple builds are/were a thing but, seem very discouraged so I'm going more creature beat down. I'm trying to avoid enchantments do a lack of ways to return when they get taken out, Holy creature lack the bonds that the beastmaster summons I'm looking to incantations to help out (to this end v 1.0 was trying to use Thoughtspore but, that damn pesky Mind Mage Only claws [yes claws, its digging at my heart]). I'm trying to make to the end game were my anglic enforcers beat my opponent into submission.

I know I don't have much exp and would like to hear what any one has to say on this build I have a few thing I'm unsure on. I like to have at lest 2 walls in my books, Fog bank is cheap but, so is wall of thorns. I just want to be tossed in my own wall. Pillar of light is a "cheep" stun but, so is the lighting  lvl 1 spell too and the list goes on. The biggest thing I ask is what do you take out if something is to be add in.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:13:34 PM by Darsul »

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Priestess v 1.0
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:57:28 PM »
A couple of points.

1. You can't run Thoughtspore in a Priestess book. It's Mind Mage only.

2. You probably want a Bear Strength or 2.

3. No Knights of Westlock?

4. Your lack of Dispels leaves you quite vulnerable to a wide range of enchantments.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Darsul

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Priestess v 1.0
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:56 PM »
A couple of points.
1. You can't run Thoughtspore in a Priestess book. It's Mind Mage only.
2. You probably want a Bear Strength or 2.
3. No Knights of Westlock?
4. Your lack of Dispels leaves you quite vulnerable to a wide range of enchantments.

1. Woops, that changes alot of things. Damn Mind Mage only clause. Thank you for pointing that out.
2. At the time this was writen I was thinking my archers and I need the dps more (hawke enchant) but, things changed.
3. Yes an exlent card how every it a good defender or attack and I wanted a pull out something that would a Great defender or attacker but, a meh attacker//defender. Added one in for the times you need both.
4. Bound dispel to a thoughtspore seemed legit. Every thing has a weakness or two. Mainly I'm most conserned about poison blood. The rest I just have to deal with. I'm up to 2 dispels and 1 seeking what else do I drop for more room.

Thank you for your input.

zot

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Priestess v 1.1
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 08:35:20 PM »
well, since you specifically want creature and incants, i would recommend more actual creatures. also, you would benefit by having a few more healing spells. casting those allows your priestess to gain life as well as helping the creatures survive longer. some creatures that would be the unicorn (which provides some mobile healing too), and the archers (which provide a range threat) and maybe a few more knights. if you intend on focusing on getting creatures into play, the temple of asyra will help with that greatly. it is very sturdy and likely to survive an assault which helps justify including it. if you choose to get into the fight with the priestess, a backup copy of the staff might be good too.