May 08, 2024, 03:38:29 AM

Author Topic: surging wave push&slam  (Read 9707 times)

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
Re: surging wave push&slam
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 11:37:55 AM »
I believe it stems from the concept of the card. When you pass through it's actively attacking you, unlike say Wall of Thorns. I know that Bryan specifically wanted this card this way.

The irony of that situation. You can avoid the wall that's actively trying to attack you while you can't against one that's just sitting there  :P

Ultimately I would say that all results happen simultaneously, which is why you roll the effect die while rolling damage. In this regard the defender would take the damage and be knocked down while being pushed. Order isn't necessary in this specific instance because all effects are present at once.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 12:43:28 PM »
If all the effects are simultaneous, in this instance, that's the same as applying the slam last.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Beldin

• The Craziest
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 07:20:08 PM »
However it isn't, as the push generates a movement action, for the purposes of timing a wall attack, cited by the rule summary sheet 4e.

Personally my logic say this: you roll enough for push and slam. you generate the slam and the push at the same speed, however the result of the push triggers a movement action, which is covered by those rules. Thus the card is resolved before the action triggers, it generates, are resolved.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2015, 05:28:06 AM »
That's not bad.

Not that we'd make a card like this, but what about a card that said 8+ Push and Stuck?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2015, 06:34:41 AM »
When making attacks with multiple effects you should always define what happens first. maybe you could use some code for it.  :)

push & slam: creature is pushed and afterwards slammed.
slam & push: creature is slammed and afterwards pushed.

In real-time I would see this movement as a diagonal downward movement. It's up for interpretation if the creature is low enough to hit the wall when crossing the border.

Another possibility is letting the controller of the creature/attack decide.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 08:24:10 AM »
There are two timing rules:
when two players want to do something then it's resolved by initiative (for example revealing enchantments);
when effects are affecting an object its owner decides order they are resolved (burn and regeneration).
If there isn't anything else about timing then the owner of attacked creature should decide order of resolving effects.

I agree with Halewijn that it could be resolved by more detailed card reading rules.
That's not bad.

Not that we'd make a card like this, but what about a card that said 8+ Push and Stuck?
Jelly stream?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 10:33:35 AM »
There are two timing rules:
when two players want to do something then it's resolved by initiative (for example revealing enchantments);
when effects are affecting an object its owner decides order they are resolved (burn and regeneration).
If there isn't anything else about timing then the owner of attacked creature should decide order of resolving effects.

I agree with Halewijn that it could be resolved by more detailed card reading rules.
That's not bad.

Jelly stream?

Surging tar stream.......