May 05, 2024, 03:36:27 PM

Author Topic: War Spells (Part 2)  (Read 5356 times)

tHeMaDoNe44

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
War Spells (Part 2)
« on: November 06, 2012, 10:41:56 PM »
OK,

These are less flashy or funny, but are some cool ideas I've been batting around inside my head.

I'm not sure of the balance, or exact definitions sometimes, but you will get the gist of things...

---------------------------------------

Mind-Hammer

Attack (Force)
Standard Spell
Casting Cost: 10
School: War 3 or Mind 3
Range: 1-3
Target: Creature or Conjuration
ATTACK: 5 Dice of Damage (Etheral/Unavoidable)

Special:
Target is pushed = Roll Effect Die: 1-2 None; 3-10 Target pushed back 1 Square; 11-12 Target pushed back 1 Square and Dazed

Card Quote: "You want some of this? Then take it..."

Fallen Paladin

Creature
Casting Cost: 7 (6 for Warlocks)
School: War 2 or Dark 2
Range: 0-0

Fallen Paladin: 7 Health, 2 Armor, 2 Attack Dice (Melee)

Special: Fallen Paladins excel at working with mages, and any helpful spell (Enchantment or Incantation) cast upon a
Fallen Paladin by it's summoning Mage costs 1 less Mana to activate (minimum of 1). Warlocks can summon a Fallen Paladin at
one less Mana than other Mages.

Card Quote: "Fallen doesn't mean evil...it just means...smarter than before."

Mercenary Warrior

Creature
Casting Cost 6
School: War 1 (Novice)
Range: 0-1

Mercenary: Defense(Any) 9+(x1), 5 Health, 1 Armor, 2 Attack Dice (Melee) as Quick Action or 1 Attack Dice (Ranged)
as a Slow Action

Card Quote: "I fight for the most pay. Mage or General doesn't matter.
The Mage Arena however, has the biggest payouts you can find. Period."

Gorke "The Torch" Henfitch, Mercenary Captain (Legendary)

Creature (Orc?)
Casting Cost: 10
School: War 3

Mercenary Captain: 8 Health, 3 Armor, 3 Attack Dice (Melee) w Rage +1

All friendly creatures with the Word "Mercenary" in their title, and occupy the same arena square
as the Mercenary Captain, are considered to have +1 attack dice to all Melee based atacks
they may have.

Card Quote: "Get up you piss-poor Maggots! Form up and get ready to move your smelly
hides out! Are you eying me boy? Well....ARE YOU? Do NOT make me eat your liver for breakfast!"

Milana Featherbreath, Elven Expert Mercenary Archer (Legendary)

Creature (Elf)
Casting Cost 9
School: War 2

Expert Mercenary Archer: 7 Health, 1 Armor, 3 Attack Dice (Ranged) w/Piercing +1, 1 Attack Dice (Melee)

Special: All friendly creatures with the Word "Mercenary" in their title, and occupy the same arena square
as the Expert Mercenary Archer, are considered to have +1 attack dice to all Ranged based attacks
they may have.

"Draw!...Aim!...Wait for it!...Shoot!... Damnation! Do better next time or I will stick that quiver so far
up your..."

Phillor McRodante, Mercenary General (Legendary)

Creature
Casting Cost: 15
School: War 4

Mercenary Captain: 10 Health, 4 Armor, 3 Attack Dice (Melee Quick Action) w/ Counterstrike,
2 Attack Dice w Doublestrike (Melee Full Action)

Lightning +1 Dice

Special: All friendly creatures with the Word "Mercenary" in their title, and occupy the same arena square as Phillor McRodante, are considered to have Armor +1 and Life +1.

Card Quote: "With all do respect sir...you did what? You tried to Flank the enemy? My dear sir,
you must have flunked "Flanking" in school if you think that was what that was at all...."

Mercenary Knight

Creature (Calvary)
Casting Cost 9
School: War 2

Mercenary: 6 Health, 3 Armor, 2 Attack Dice (Melee) w/ Piercing +1

Target has the Fast trait and Charge +2.

Card Quote: "Honor? Honor means less than squat if you have a bloody spear sticking out of your gut."

Mercenary Training

Enchantment
Casting Cost:2/5 (Magebind +3)
School: War 1
Range: 0-2
Target: Living Creature

Target Creature gains Defense (Any) 9+ (x2) , and is considered a "Mercenary" for all spells and effects.

Card Quote: "Yeah...in that short boot camp, I learned I could actually run five whole miles in full armor. Who knew?"

Calvary Upgrade

Enchantment
Casting Cost: 2/5 (Magebind +2)
School: Nature 3 or War 3
Range: 0
Target Living Creature

Target Creature gains the Fast trait.
Special: Calvary Upgrade can be destroyed by its owner to allow the target of the spell to gain Charge +2 for the remainder of that turn.

Card Quote: "Calvary would be one of the most powerful instruments of war if it weren't for Demons, Voltari magic, Dragons, and similar stuff..."

Trap Door

Enchantment/Trap
Casting Cost: 2/3
School: War 1 (Novice)
Range: 0-1
Target: 1 Target Square unooccupied by an enemy creature or Mage.

This trap activates as soon as a non-flying, non-etheral creature enters the sqaure it is in.

Target creature is temporarily removed from the arena and may not do anything else for the remainder of its turn.
On its next turn it may roll a d12 with a bonus to the rolled result equal to +1 for each melee attack die it has.
1-4 = Creature Trapped (cannot act) and takes 1 Direct Damage,
5-9 = Creature Trapped
10-12+ = Creature breaks free, returns to the square it was removed from, and may act normally.

Special: Any ongoing effect (Rot, Burn, etc...) still continues as normal while a creature is trapped.

Card Quote: "Sometimes the best way to stop an enemy...is to remove them from the equation."

Punji Stick Trap

Enchantment/Trap
Casting Cost: 2/4
School: Nature 1 or War 1
Range: 0-2
Target: 1 Target Square unooccupied by an enemy creature or Mage.

This trap activates as soon as a non-flying, non-etheral creature enters the sqaure it is in.

Target creature takes 2 Dice of Unavoidable Damage
Roll effect Dice: 1-6 Gains Crippled Condition, 7-10 Gains Rot Condition, 11-12 Target gains Crippled and Rot Condition.

Card Quote: "It looked just like the rest of the ground...until you stepped on it!"

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: War Spells (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:29:47 AM »
There are some awesome ideas in here, keep 'em coming!

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: War Spells (Part 2)
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 04:22:12 PM »
I love the idea of the trap. There could be a whole mage based on spells like those; that'd be fun, at least for the player running that mage ;)