May 05, 2024, 04:04:12 AM

Author Topic: Test your Skills... Ridgeback Skunk  (Read 2106 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Test your Skills... Ridgeback Skunk
« on: August 12, 2015, 09:48:35 AM »
Come check out my favorite new weasel in today's preview! You can find the Ridgeback Skunk >>HERE<<.

Enjoy!

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Test your Skills... Ridgeback Skunk
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 10:10:27 AM »
I can't remember for sure, but I don't think this guy is in the Beastmaster's default recommended spell book (although there might be one copy in there?)... and neither is the Packmaster's Cowl (see spoiler page here), which combos beautifully with him!  (And/or use Altar of the Iron Guard in an Arena match)

There are a surprising number of deck building options in the Academy core set.  Bears aren't in the recommended spell book, but we already know what they can do from previous spoilers. The Wizard has a similar set of options to try, many of which aren't in his recommended spell book.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 11:47:11 AM »
The skunk should be in the recommended book and the porcupine is only in the extra cards, but you're right the cowl is not. We wanted players to have a fair set of cards to customize their spellbooks with, and so there are several cards not in the recommended books. We're excited to see what people do.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 06:27:07 PM »
Ridgeback Skunk looks pretty good in Academy, with it's greater focus on lower level creatures and generally lower damage.

I'm not convinced it's worthwhile in Arena though. It's hard to turn down the greater stat efficiency of Timber Wolf, even if it does cost 2 more mana.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster