May 08, 2024, 06:55:57 PM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 378053 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #240 on: July 04, 2016, 03:21:15 PM »
Still, it makes for an interesting solo option for the Siren: Buff herself up and give herself an additional Melee +2 every round, like a 1-mana Power Strike that doesn't cost an action.  It would also seem to prevent her succumbing to a Reverse Attack, since she wouldn't be allowed to attack herself (?).  Combine that with Regenerate 1 as long as she's in an aquatic zone, and she's a very solid solo mage.
I think you overlooked the fact, that the call can only target non-mage creatures, though :(
Hypothetically it is still a good question.

If I understand the question correctly, you are asking if you reveal a Reverse Attack on a creature that is not allowed to attack itself, what happens. This is covered in the rules supplement.

Quote from: Rules Supplement page 44
When this creature is attacked, you must reveal Reverse Attack during the Avoid Attack Step. The attack is avoided and then redirected back; this creature becomes the new source (although the attacker stays the same), and the original source becomes the new target (even if the original source would not normally be a legal target), for the next 2 steps (Roll Dice and Damage and Effects). Then, destroy Reverse Attack. If the attack is Unavoidable, destroy Reverse Attack without effect.
Hypothetically it is still a good question.

But yes it goes on other non-mages

Emphasis is mine. Even if the attacker is not normally a legal target for the attack, Reverse Attack still functions. So the creature would still hit itself. Some other pertinent examples include:

1. [mwcard=MWSTX1CKJ02]Wizard's Tower[/mwcard] casting a [mwcard=MWSTX2FFA01]Devil's Trident[/mwcard] and getting it reversed back.
2. [mwcard=FWC16]Thoughtspore[/mwcard] casting a [mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]Surging Wave[/mwcard] and getting it reversed back.

Both are examples of where the attacker would not normally be a legal target, but are still subjected to the attack when Reverse Attack is used.

Surging Wave is unavoidable so can't be reversed.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 04, 2016, 03:22:34 PM »
That's true. I was just scrambling for examples really quick and didn't pay close enough attention.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 04, 2016, 03:22:44 PM »
Here's a nasty combo that can come into play for Paladin. Temple of Asyra with Clerics to add mana, then an Altar of Carnage as you spam out Archers, Knights, Defenders, adding even more mana and you can really ramp up a swarm.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 04, 2016, 03:51:47 PM »
Did you check clerics of Academy Priestess? :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 04, 2016, 03:52:56 PM »
Did you check clerics of Academy Priestess? :)
You mean the lightsaber ladies?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 04, 2016, 04:09:59 PM »
Yup, them!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 04, 2016, 04:11:34 PM »
Are they clerics & soldiers?

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 04, 2016, 04:19:48 PM »
just clerics.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 04, 2016, 06:54:56 PM »
The paladin also has a ton of flexibility. He can go cheap war creatures, essentially spamming goblins and buffing them. He could go the route of big tank. Or he could have 1-2 buddies and buffs them. These are just some of the possibilities.

Wait till you see the rest of his bag. It gets better

So which bit of his kit do you think I should reveal next?

As to others asking about the Siren, her abilities really help her milk the most out of her cards. She's been really solid in testing. To quote Han Solo, "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 04, 2016, 07:10:59 PM »
Maybe reveal a high level angel or new spawnpoint (if there is one) One will the next spoiler be released?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 04, 2016, 07:12:21 PM »
Maybe reveal a high level angel or new spawnpoint (if there is one) One will the next spoiler be released?

The Paladin's spawnpoint is pretty dang interesting. I'm not sure when the next spoiler will come out, but it will be this week by the end of day on Friday, if not sooner.

EricTheGreat12

« Reply #251 on: July 04, 2016, 07:25:13 PM »
OK. Also, is the siren going to have any life ir channel specific buffs? Because along with the druid, she has the worst base stats in the game.

While both Druid and Siren each have their significant disadvantages, they also have their own advantages themselves:

While both have a limited amount of play that can be used, they are significantly different compared to the other mages. The Siren is trained in a school of Water that hasn't been approached properly yet {until now} by the games developers, while the Druid is also specialized in plants that offer a unique change to original gameplay.

While I do agree that those stats help demonstrate the uneasiness surrounding the Siren's battle strength, her unique abilities/units will help the Siren's cause greatly.

The only part I am truly afraid of is what they will do with her harpoon. I'm just hoping they won't pull off an Anvil Throne Warlord where they didn't put the axe card in the set. Even though her harpoon might have simple powers, it would be nice to see her have an actual weapon that has some sort of important effect.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 04, 2016, 07:31:41 PM »
I second reveal of Paladin spawn point!  Curious to see what types of units or uniqueness the spawn point will produce!

The Paladin's spawnpoint is pretty dang interesting. I'm not sure when the next spoiler will come out, but it will be this week by the end of day on Friday, if not sooner.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 04, 2016, 07:34:11 PM »

Is it war, holy, or both? Also, Laddin, do you mind if you start another poll or something. I can allready see many different opions forming and it will be great to hear everyone's thoughts.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:42:19 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 04, 2016, 07:52:45 PM »
If the Paladin has their own Spawnpoint, would they be allowed to have both that and the Temple to allow one to build mana while the other deploys...might make an interesting strategy.