May 08, 2024, 03:29:32 PM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 378043 times)

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #210 on: July 04, 2016, 11:35:34 AM »
So it can be used on video friendly or enemy creatures? Anyway, the siren has the worst base stats of any mage in the game, by her abilities and other cards should make up for it. The paladin's aura's ar really cool, they give a lot of versatility. Also if a card if war mage only can he use it?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 04, 2016, 11:39:43 AM »
The Paladin can use any level 1 or 2 War Mage Only card. Anything higher and he cannot, it's just like the Druid.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 04, 2016, 11:56:59 AM »
OK. Also, is the siren going to have any life ir channel specific buffs? Because along with the druid, she has the worst base stats in the game.
The Phoenix shall rise.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 04, 2016, 12:04:00 PM »
The paladin is DA BOMB!!!! are you kidding me?

Cant wait to play him!

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 04, 2016, 12:11:21 PM »
The paladin is DA BOMB!!!! are you kidding me?

Cant wait to play him!

He he looks amazing.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2016, 12:14:25 PM »
Because of the wizard's choice of elemental training, there are effectively four wizards.

Because of the Paladin's choice of auras, there are effectively eight Paladins. EIGHT! :o

If you include all four wizards, the core set has 7 mages. If you include all 8 Paladins, Paladin vs Siren has 9 mages!

I WILL get this set. Definitely.

Also, it just occurred to me that if you count the wizard as four different mages, then there are currently 15 arena mages, not just 12, which would mean that wizards are a fifth of all the mages, so that might account for the wizard's higher win-ratio to some extent.

9+15=24. Paladins will be one-third of all the mages. Just a heads up before people start saying the paladin is OP because he wins so much. The paladin is more than one mage, just like the wizard.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:17:24 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2016, 12:19:07 PM »
Because of the wizard's choice of elemental training, there are effectively four wizards.

Because of the Paladin's choice of auras, there are effectively eight Paladins. EIGHT! :o

If you include all four wizards, the core set has 7 mages. If you include all 8 Paladins, Paladin vs Siren has 9 mages!

Also, it just occurred to me that if you count the wizard as four different mages, then there are currently 15 arena mages, not just 12, which would mean that wizards are a fifth of all the mages, so that might account for the wizard's higher win-ratio to some extent.

9+15=24. Paladins will be one-third of all the mages. Just a heads up before people start saying the paladin is OP because he wins so much. The paladin is more than one mage, just like the wizard.

That's true. However, the choice of aura is probably decided in game depending on the opponent.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2016, 12:24:28 PM »

That's true. However, the choice of aura is probably decided in game depending on the opponent.

Yes, but you have to build your spellbook to support it. More versatile builds might plan different strategies in different matchups of course, but most good paladin books probably won't plan to use ALL the auras in some matchup or another. Maybe some paladins will have some auras they always pick, and some auras where they choose based on matchup. So there are 8 paladins, but you can effectively choose which paladin ability card you're using in the middle of the game depending on the opponent. Even though the difference between each Paladin ability set varies only a little bit by a couple different aura choices, that is still pretty amazing.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:27:52 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2016, 12:27:47 PM »
Agree. Like vs Necro, the poison removed aura will be a big help.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2016, 12:31:11 PM »
Why is resolute aura worded the way it is. Do all creatures get tough and melee?
The Phoenix shall rise.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2016, 12:35:17 PM »
Why is resolute aura worded the way it is. Do all creatures get tough and melee?

It is worded that way so the paladin only gains the tough aspect and not the additional armor

Other friendly creatures gain tough and armor aspects

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #221 on: July 04, 2016, 12:37:07 PM »
The Siren can only use Siren's call on a single creature. If that creature is a friendly aquatic creature then it gets Melee +2. Sorry for the confusion.

Ohhhhh... So a friendly aquatic creature with the Siren's Call marker on it gains Melee +2.  I thought ALL aquatic creatures gain Melee +2 as an afterthought.  Like, "Oh, and by the way, friendly aquatic creatures also gain Melee +2."

Still, it makes for an interesting solo option for the Siren: Buff herself up and give herself an additional Melee +2 every round, like a 1-mana Power Strike that doesn't cost an action.  It would also seem to prevent her succumbing to a Reverse Attack, since she wouldn't be allowed to attack herself (?). Combine that with Regenerate 1 as long as she's in an aquatic zone, and she's a very solid solo mage.
*edit* Forgot about the "non-Mage" aspect of Siren's Call, since I was so caught up with "all" friendly aquatic creatures getting that melee bonus (which they don't).  Nothing to see here; move along.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:54:58 PM by iNano78 »

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 04, 2016, 12:47:56 PM »
She can only place the marker on a non mage creature.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 04, 2016, 12:50:31 PM »
The Siren can only use Siren's call on a single creature. If that creature is a friendly aquatic creature then it gets Melee +2. Sorry for the confusion.

It would also seem to prevent her succumbing to a Reverse Attack, since she wouldn't be allowed to attack herself (?).

Reverse attack only changes the target for the next two steps, Roll and Damage / effects. Those steps don't check for target legality so I think (?) she still hits herself in the face, but that is more Zuberi's department (lol :P ) and will defer to his interpretation.

Tyrnan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2016, 12:51:11 PM »
Still, it makes for an interesting solo option for the Siren: Buff herself up and give herself an additional Melee +2 every round, like a 1-mana Power Strike that doesn't cost an action.  It would also seem to prevent her succumbing to a Reverse Attack, since she wouldn't be allowed to attack herself (?).  Combine that with Regenerate 1 as long as she's in an aquatic zone, and she's a very solid solo mage.
I think you overlooked the fact, that the call can only target non-mage creatures, though :(

Edit: sorry Reddicediaries, overlooked your post ... you were first :)
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 12:56:19 PM by Tyrnan »
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
OCTGN: Tyrnan (GMT +1)