May 08, 2024, 03:32:54 AM

Author Topic: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers  (Read 378012 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Paladin vs Siren Spoilers
« Reply #120 on: June 03, 2016, 01:01:16 PM »
It's time to really rock, with today's spoiler.

Voice of the Sea

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 07, 2016, 12:37:57 PM »
Today's spoiler is up. Are you fearless enough to look at it?

>>HERE<<

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 07, 2016, 01:29:57 PM »
He looks great. If he were to take down enemy buddy then with veteran token he will roll 6 dice against enemy mage. 4 of them under Bloodwave is definitely worrisome.

The more cards I see the more I'm worried that Paladin will overshadow both Priest and Bloodwave Warlord. If he's fully trained in both Holy and War then he's got access to Cassiel, [mwcard=MW1J23]Temple of Asyra[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MXSTX2FFJ02]Altar of Carnage[/mwcard] while Holy soldiers are some of the best soldiers in the game. He will be also able to use [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ03]Eisenach's Forge Hammer[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ05]Harshforge Plate[/mwcard]. With that in mind I suspect that Paladin will have both Arcane and Dark as forbidden schools. That's why the card I want to see the most from the set is Paladin's ability card.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 07, 2016, 01:34:59 PM »
He looks great. If he were to take down enemy buddy then with veteran token he will roll 6 dice against enemy mage. 4 of them under Bloodwave is definitely worrisome.

The more cards I see the more I'm worried that Paladin will overshadow both Priest and Bloodwave Warlord. If he's fully trained in both Holy and War then he's got access to Cassiel, [mwcard=MW1J23]Temple of Asyra[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MXSTX2FFJ02]Altar of Carnage[/mwcard] while Holy soldiers are some of the best soldiers in the game. He will be also able to use [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ03]Eisenach's Forge Hammer[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFQ05]Harshforge Plate[/mwcard]. With that in mind I suspect that Paladin will have both Arcane and Dark as forbidden schools. That's why the card I want to see the most from the set is Paladin's ability card.

The Paladin's ability card is a bit... involved. It's not quite like anything we've yet done.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 07, 2016, 02:02:36 PM »
I just realized, that founding father of the whole Order of the Red Helm must be Max Eisenhardt :)
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 07, 2016, 02:07:28 PM »

The Paladin's ability card is a bit... involved. It's not quite like anything we've yet done.
Is it double sided with one side being full Holy and level 1 War, and other side full War and level 1 Holy or something like that? :P Like Wizard's elemental training but with different abilities depending on his choice?

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #126 on: June 07, 2016, 02:21:26 PM »
I just realized, that founding father of the whole Order of the Red Helm must be Max Eisenhardt :)

You beat me to it.   8)

Cool card.  My Forcemaster is not impressed. (Sleep-spore can't touch this guy!) I imagine he'll be a staple in most holy and war books as he's a good counter to the ever-popular "buddy" builds.  Even Adramelech should be a little concerned.  (I'd say Talos, but I don't think Talos is too worried about anything)

If you have him and Aurora Lucere (from Academy Priestess) in play, you've got solid counters to pretty much any creature.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 07, 2016, 02:56:38 PM »

Is it double sided with one side being full Holy and level 1 War, and other side full War and level 1 Holy or something like that? :P Like Wizard's elemental training but with different abilities depending on his choice?

You'll just have to wait and see.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 07, 2016, 04:56:03 PM »
Absolutely LOVE it!  ;D

Apart from the freakishly awesome art, is it me, or is the red helmet a bit too red compared to the rest of the armour?

(Seems also very cool for the priest)

I'm very eager to see the ability cards as well. I'm guessing blighthearth will be our next spoiler?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2016, 05:02:16 PM by Halewijn »
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 07, 2016, 04:59:25 PM »
Absolutely LOVE it!  ;D

Apart from the freakishly awesome art, is it me, or is the red helmet a bit too red compared to the rest of the armour?

It's not just You, it's too bright red for me too.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 07, 2016, 06:19:54 PM »
Absolutely LOVE it!  ;D

It's not just You, it's too bright red for me too.

Probably is to block the psychic waves! :D
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

steack

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • http://magewarsfr.forumactif.org/
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2016, 11:35:13 AM »
no  because !!!

Go fasta red !!!!!

Wagggghhhhh !!!

oups its not the good game i get out ;)

i has interviewed  the guard :

he said : "it's too bright red for me too" there are the last word begin i kill him !!  .
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 11:52:16 AM by steack »

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2016, 11:42:57 AM »
I just realized that this redhelmed knight will make great Holy Avenger. For only 11 mana You get 3/13 creature that can roll even 7 dice.
Compared to Asyran Defender he gets Psychic immunity and 1 more armor in exchange for defense and for 1 more spellbook point he gets conditional two dice.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2016, 12:13:33 PM »
I just realized that this redhelmed knight will make great Holy Avenger. For only 11 mana You get 3/13 creature that can roll even 7 dice.
Compared to Asyran Defender he gets Psychic immunity and 1 more armor in exchange for defense and for 1 more spellbook point he gets conditional two dice.
yep!

I consider the priest one of the weaker mages now, but after the priestess expansion and paladin, I believe he will become a force to be reckoned with.
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2016, 02:00:02 PM »
Do I see power creep?
I hope so, that will make the game a bit faster and I don't mind that.
Knight of the Red Helm...mmmm...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:39:40 PM by fas723 »