May 02, 2024, 10:17:45 PM

Author Topic: Corrode and Fortified Position.  (Read 12525 times)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Corrode and Fortified Position.
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
I would rule that Fortified Position covers the entire zone including the Zone Border, since creatures can never be in a Zone Border they are either in Zone A or Zone B. There is no gap as result, you can just say: "It's a kinda of magic."
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2014, 11:25:43 AM »
Here is the ruling. There is no time when passing between those two zones where you would not be in a zone with Fortified Position.

The difference between this and switching armor is that logically you can't have two pieces of the same equipment on at the same time. Like I can't wear two shirts.

On this, all creatures are in a zone. There is never a point where a creature isn't in a zone. So yes, it's simmilar, but it does not apply to this action, because you're always in one zone or the other.

As opposed to the previous ruling where you have to take off some equipment to put new ones on.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2014, 11:44:38 AM »
Well... technically, wearing 2 shirts is very doable ;)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2014, 11:45:44 AM »
Here is the ruling. There is no time when passing between those two zones where you would not be in a zone with Fortified Position.

The difference between this and switching armor is that logically you can't have two pieces of the same equipment on at the same time. Like I can't wear two shirts.

On this, all creatures are in a zone. There is never a point where a creature isn't in a zone. So yes, it's simmilar, but it does not apply to this action, because you're always in one zone or the other.

As opposed to the previous ruling where you have to take off some equipment to put new ones on.

TY that is what I wanted to double check.  8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »
Outstanding! Thank you.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #35 on: March 20, 2015, 01:29:57 PM »
Apologies for necro-posting, but I have basically the same question with regards to Teleporting.  If I'm in a zone with Fortified Position and enough Corrodes to make my net armor = 0, and I Teleport to/from that zone (e.g. Teleport but don't go anywhere), do I lose 2 Corrode tokens? 

My gut feeling is "yes" based on the ruling for teleporting out of an attached conjuration (e.g. Tanglevine) when teleporting to/from the same zone... but it really comes down to whether or not you are in a different (undefined) zone between teleporting out and teleporting back in to the same zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2015, 01:43:48 PM »
Apologies for necro-posting, but I have basically the same question with regards to Teleporting.  If I'm in a zone with Fortified Position and enough Corrodes to make my net armor = 0, and I Teleport to/from that zone (e.g. Teleport but don't go anywhere), do I lose 2 Corrode tokens? 

My gut feeling is "yes" based on the ruling for teleporting out of an attached conjuration (e.g. Tanglevine) when teleporting to/from the same zone... but it really comes down to whether or not you are in a different (undefined) zone between teleporting out and teleporting back in to the same zone.

When you teleport from one zone to the same zone, you never leave the zone. Since it never leaves the zone the armor value never changes so you can not teleport to remove corrode tokens with fortified position.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2015, 02:15:02 PM »

When you teleport from one zone to the same zone, you never leave the zone. Since it never leaves the zone the armor value never changes so you can not teleport to remove corrode tokens with fortified position.

Thanks.  I saw that post but thought it might only refer to movement, since another exception (Banish) was already mentioned.

Makes me think the game could use a level 1 "Blink" ability that temporarily removes a creature from the arena before returning it to the zone it started in - perhaps an Enchantment that "banishes" a creature upon reveal, then brings it back at the end of the round; could be used on a friendly creature to dodge an attack (along with dropping Corrode markers as for this topic), or on an enemy to prevent an attack.  But I guess that would make [mwcard=MW1J22]Tanglevine[/mwcard], [mwcard=DNJ10]Stranglevine[/mwcard] and [mwcard=FWJ07]Quicksand[/mwcard] even worse than they already are. Perhaps Astral Anchor, and presumably other "anchor" effects, will make attached conjurations that grant "unmovable" a little more useful.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2015, 02:24:44 PM »
Because of a few fairly subtle interactions, a blink enchantment would be a *very* high powered spell.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2015, 03:09:26 PM »
Because of a few fairly subtle interactions, a blink enchantment would be a *very* high powered spell.

Oh, yes, the "instant-speed" Enchantment would be too good.  I was thinking of a more versatile Block/Nullify, but I can see how it would have consequences similar to Divine Intervention = could counter any spell by making the target illegal. 

But a "Blink" Incantation would more-or-less be a Teleport restricted to 0 zones, which is why I was thinking level 1.  Yet it could also clear Corrode tokens in a zone with Fortified Position, etc.