Mage Wars > Events

Gencon Tournament News-Is Any Available?

(1/3) > >>

Tacullu64:
Has there been anymore information released on the Gencon tournaments? If so could someone point me in the right direction. The last post I saw was Shadow's where he said the top 3 mages from the first night were 2x Earth Wizard and Beastmaster of Johktari. I assumed he meant there were 3 pods and those mages each won one.

What I'd like to see is a list of each pod and the order the mages finished and their record. That doesn't seem too hard to put together, but really any additional information is welcome.

Hanma:
It's coming, one of the judges was recording data and I will be writing a tourney report(I'm one of those earth wizards) along with a "State of the meta" article. Players, judges, play testers, etc have been CRAZY busy. :)

Doma0997:
Was there any warlord love day 2? I know everyone was repped day one but him.

Tacullu64:
Thanks for taking the time to reply. If I might bother you with one question about your build. Was your Earth Wizard a control, kill box, or some other variant?

piousflea:
#1: Steve Walters Earth Wizard - slow paced control build with Wizard Tower and Gorgon Archer, used wall of thorns + force push for major damage, but was very heavily defensive, won multiple rounds on tiebreakers
#2: Dave Chang (me) Curse Warlock - mid-paced debuff build, heavily reliant on enchantment and incantation damage instead of attacks.
#3: Tim McCurry (Zot) Air Wizard - slow paced control build with Wizard Tower and Gorgon Archer, used wall of thorns + force push plus thunderbolt wand for massive stun chance. Very defensive, reached tiebreakers several times.
#4: Nick Tinko Earth Wizard - double-bear (bear strengthed bear) Beatdown in early game followed by hurl boulders and stuff. Used turn to stone to prevent opponents from fighting bear with other high level creatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version