May 13, 2024, 07:23:49 PM

Author Topic: That errata pack  (Read 7632 times)

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
That errata pack
« on: November 06, 2016, 08:54:18 PM »
Everybody always asking about a reprint of errata cards.Have read real expensive to print singles. I believe it, but as well 6-8 errata cards(wizard rule card), some more leather boots and gloves, tanglevine/skeletal sentry subtype reprints would make a great small pack i could easily spend $10 retail to pick. Maybe make that crappy Orc Hammer usable, and always toss in a couple teleports, maybe some lesser teleports too.

Arcane Wonders, I LOVE your game. You guys are awesome and impressive designers. I have money and want them cards, lets make this happen.

Everyone reply and let them know we can pay a fair prices for corrected cards(with a side of common goodies). We are not mad that AW errated cards. All the changes were needed and helped the game. There is great honor in fixing your mistakes, much love and respect.
Siren is so cool

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
That errata pack
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 07:40:56 AM »
I want copied of errata'd cards took I still have third edition core set. I would definitely be willing to pay for an errata pack. The problem is, I'm not sure there are enough errata to make an expansion out of just errata'd cards. Maybe stick them into that one set coming out later this year which has mordok's tome in it? Don't remember what it's called.

Ideally I'd want the errata'd cards to also be released as promo cards at events, and I don't understand why they haven't done that yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: That errata pack
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 07:44:06 AM »
+1!

Bluebaron

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 07:58:40 AM »
Sounds great +1

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 08:12:11 AM »
There are some generally accepted weak cards like cerberus or even sardonyx. I would pay money to have an errata set that also has boosted weak cards.  :P

(Never gonna happen though, I know that  ;) )
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 08:25:40 AM »
There are some generally accepted weak cards like cerberus or even sardonyx. I would pay money to have an errata set that also has boosted weak cards.  :P

(Never gonna happen though, I know that  ;) )

Agreed on both counts. I don't see errata version with a missing subtype helping much - there's loads of those, and unless it's going to replace all my versions what's the point?

The underpowered cards I do agree though... also that it won't happen. lol

Greycat

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2016, 08:20:40 PM »
+1
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 05:22:32 AM »
As a MW fan, i would definetly buy this "errata" package.

But what about "normal" users. From their perspective, Arcane Wonders will try to sell them something that "repairs" the game they made. It could be taken as selling a patch to a pc game so you will be able to play it fully :)

Dont take me wrong, Hammer and some mages with errata cards would be awesome ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 07:15:58 AM »
Yeah, I suspect politically and commercially it's not viable. People here would buy it, but we are a small enthused minority.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 08:25:48 AM »
Yeah, I suspect politically and commercially it's not viable. People here would buy it, but we are a small enthused minority.
^^ This.

I'd much rather have out-of-date text on my copies of cards but have updated text show up in future printings (like 4th printing of core and recent printing of FvW) and have the most recent card text in the online card database/spell book builder which can be accessed easily from the web (e.g. on a laptop or tablet or phone). That's more-or-less how MtG deals with their heaps of errata and rules changes (e.g. most recent official card text/errata/rulings/bannings supersedes whatever is written on your physical cards, and can be found here and here, among other places).

Sadly, it might be several years before we see the card data base/spell book builder updated with existing cards (out-of-date or otherwise), let alone errata. Now that PvS is out and Lost Grimoires is (presumably) printing, I think the database/builder should be AW's number one priority, even over the rules supplement... but I digress.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 08:30:49 AM by iNano78 »

Ravepig

• Ambassador
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 08:55:39 AM »
Yes, please. I don't really care how AW distributes updated cards- whether it be a pack with extra goodies or an updates core set. I just want updated cards!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell. – Carl Jung

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »
To give an example of what I described above:

I own a 1st-printing [mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard]... but I don't mind, because it's easy to check the card database and see that Malacoda's ability has been errata'd/updated to deal poison damage and his traits have been changed to include Poison Immunity. That's fine, because it's easy to reference. It also shows up in the Rules Supplement, but it's much easier to find in the searchable online card database. This is perfectly accessible and convenient for my purposes.

Unfortunately, some card updates haven't been reflected in the online card database (e.g. [mwcard=FWC04]Goblin Builder[/mwcard]'s text is still out-of-date) and we can't see any cards or card text changes since Domination (e.g. Academy, Academy expansions, PvS, Wizard errata, Wizard's Tower errata, etc) because it hasn't been updated - and even some Domination cards still can't be added to online spell books (e.g. any with the Epic trait, such as Galaxxus or V'tar Suppression), but that's a separate issue.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 09:31:54 AM by iNano78 »

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 04:04:32 AM »
As nice as errata cards sound, I think this would be expensive to produce and there would only be a few buyers. And those few need different card counts.

Much more flexible in my eyes would be print out erratas or print out stickers for part of cards.
While playing I don't want to look at a Supplement i card has changed. Especially when I think it is correct there would beg no reason to search for a possible change.
So I would love to print out the upper right corner of a card with changed subtype with fitting background and all and stick it on the card. If someone has 15 cards of this he can print out 15 mini stickers. That is stillnot even 1 page. And in sleeves the result is perfect.

For deckbuildung and in general the online deckbuilders and databases have to be 100% up to date

ClockWork

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 05:26:26 AM »
Proper updated cards available online are a MUST. Friend almost got on tilt about wizard tower a couple nights ago, had to scroll through several news pages to find the post on the main page.

However, I have a sickness, those updated cards are calling to me. The collection is incomplete. The full power of all cards at their most current iteration claws at the back of mind. When i zone out at work, thoughts of Skeletal Sentry subtype, and whether or not Gate to Hell has weakness to water haunts me. I feel many players have a small bit of this, some of us have dropped silly$$$ on CCG's.

I have no statistical data, but i firmly believe a sizable portion of MW owners do want those cards, and will spend to do so. I accept you can't sell a limited quantity of booster packs and make a profit or even brake even. Package them up with all the art updates throughout the years, add in teleport/novice cards and other cool stuff. We can hit an equilibrium for # of cards in pack and # of packs sold.

This post isn't to berate or accuse Arcane Wonders about the topic, they do a great job communicating with their customers and have spoken about this several times. I just want players/customers to let the business know we would buy this product. I want to create more reason or incentive for the next time AW weighs the pro's and cons on this subject. Can we do polls on this forum? How can we help AW track how many potential customers there are for this product?

Much more flexible in my eyes would be print out erratas or print out stickers for part of cards.

Stickers would be acceptable, is that any cheaper?
Siren is so cool

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 05:36:29 AM »
CCG's don't do this however... in fact the Oracle text of most magic cards differs from what's printed - and no-one complains...