May 03, 2024, 02:38:44 AM

Author Topic: Origins Update - Sign up to play Aaron!  (Read 2511 times)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
Origins Update - Sign up to play Aaron!
« on: May 11, 2015, 12:21:13 PM »
Hello everyone!

I wanted to share a quick update with you about Origins.  As many of you know, we are not hosting a Mage Wars Tournament at Origins.  We increased the size of our main C-Hall space to a 20 x 20 and 10 x 20 of that will be dedicated to gaming, as such, with the amount of space in that booth, and the costs associated with a secondary booth or room for the tournament, coupled with feedback from several community members, we have chosen to focus Origins gameplay around teaching players Academy at our booth and delving into battlegrounds play, as it will be pre-released at Origins.

So what's on tap?

First up, yes, you'll get a chance to check out Academy!  We will have prototypes there and we will be allowing players to play full games with the new spellbooks and cards for the first time publicly!  Get ready to experience Mage Wars in a whole new way!

Second, as you may have seen in a previous post, we will be having a few special sessions to play against Laddinfance (Aaron) himself at Battlegrounds!  Original Post: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15436.0

For this event, please email scottmorris[at]arcanewonders[dot]com with the subject line "Play Aaron at Origins" for a chance to play and win!  We will have one event every day at 11 AM June 4th through June 7th in our booth.  We will be taking primary and secondary sign ups, in case the primary is unable to make their scheduled time.

This will be on a first come, first serve basis, so if you email us and we confirm, and you don't show up within 5 minutes of the start time, the secondary will then have the option of playing.  If both the primary and secondary do not who up, then we will open it up to other sign ups on our "Waiting list" which will be handled again, first come, first serve.  So, in short, please only sign up if you are committed to playing and can be on time.

What can you win?  Well, for all those playing, we will have special promo cards, but for those who can beat Laddinfance at his own game, you can win a full copy of Battlegrounds Domination for yourself! 

Again, to sign up, please email scottmorris[at]arcanewonders[dot]com with the subject line "Play Aaron at Origins" to add your name to the schedule.

Finally, we will be having open Battlegrounds play through the convention!  Come pick up your pre-ordered copy and play immediately in our booth, or, if you prefer, you can come play first, and then buy!  The choice is yours!  You can pre-order Battlegrounds for pick up at Origins through our store, here: http://store.arcanewonders.com/product.php?productid=17693&cat=254&page=1 but we will have additional copies available should you prefer to play it first, which you can!

Come help us celebrate these awesome new ways to play our favorite game, Mage Wars, at one of the best conventions, the Origins Game Fair!
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Phoenix

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Origins Update - Sign up to play Aaron!
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 12:48:52 PM »
WOW you just made my day!  I was hoping to get a look at Academy, and get my copies of Domination.  It sounds like a really good time. 
Any word on whether or not the book construction clinic will be occurring?  Looking forward to spending a few days playing Mage Wars.

Also any idea when the rules for Domination are going to be posted?