May 17, 2024, 01:25:33 AM

Author Topic: Arcane Duels Episode 9 - The Bloodwave Warlord vs the Druid  (Read 13030 times)

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
Re: Arcane Duels Episode 9 - The Bloodwave Warlord vs the Druid
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 03:12:47 PM »
Ya know. Sometimes I make misplays or forget how a rule works. But this is the first time deployment has ever been an issue. The rest of the game works like that, with each player taking their turn one at a time, it only seemed natural to alternate like that. But hey, that's not how they describe it in the short paragraph you get on the phase, so now I know.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2014, 10:56:01 AM »
Great vids guys, keep em coming!   Can't wait to see your Johktari pack master in action.
Si vis pacem para bellum

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2014, 02:13:49 PM »
I didn't realize players deploy simultaneously either.

If your opponent finishes deploying before you (let's say they have fewer spawnpoints or faster reflexes or something) can you decide not to deploy after finding out what your opponent deployed? Do you have to flip over your cards at the exact same moment? Or do both players have to announce their intent to deploy or not for each of their deployers before the phase begins? Why is the deploy phase in the ready stage anyway?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2014, 03:26:30 PM »
I didn't realize players deploy simultaneously either.

If your opponent finishes deploying before you (let's say they have fewer spawnpoints or faster reflexes or something) can you decide not to deploy after finding out what your opponent deployed? Do you have to flip over your cards at the exact same moment? Or do both players have to announce their intent to deploy or not for each of their deployers before the phase begins? Why is the deploy phase in the ready stage anyway?

I didn't know this as well! These are good questions. I use deployment as a strategy as well. I often put cards there then never deploy it or if I see cards I assume what they can do (dissolve or dispel etc.) based on a mana count. Would love to hear the official ruling on that.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
In the rules for the Deployment phase, it says that you may cast spells from your Spawnpoints starting with the player with initiative. I don't see it say that this phase should be simultaneous anywhere. It also does not say that it alternates. So the player with initiative deploys all of their stuff, and then their opponent deploys all of their stuff. They can also decide to not cast something, so you can try to fake out your opponent or make a decision about whether you really want to cast something based on your opponent's deployments if they have initiative.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2014, 04:07:41 PM »
Thanks dougla. Explained everything perfectly
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest