May 14, 2024, 01:27:08 PM

Author Topic: Custom card contest  (Read 7888 times)

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Custom card contest
« on: August 22, 2015, 01:21:03 AM »
hey Forum, just had a small idea - how about someone uploads a picture and everyone creates card including the picture. The uploader decides which one fits the most and the winner gets to upload a new picture!

I did this once in my ex-magic community and it was lots of fun and many discussions came up (cards were to over/underpowered, were not designed well or pretty good)

Only problem: I have no idea how to create MW cards, there is a very simple tool for magic cards but maybe someone higher on the Arcane wonders hierachy can help us there if we are enough people :3
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Custom card contest
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 09:48:57 AM »
I was actually thinking of creating a template for custom Mage wars cards eventually, so this seems like as good a time as any. My version of a template would be in Photoshop, though.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 12:19:21 PM »
I am doing it in two steps. Those cards are not that pretty but sufficient for my needs :)

1. Paintbrush

I have a blank card template for each spell type (Ench, Inca, Creat etc.) In which i put an artwork, school of magic, attack bars.

2. Word

I created a word document for each spell type. So then i only upload "new picture" and type numbers and text into text fields or create some if necessary. When i am done with it, i just create pdf file of it :)

I put 6 files into dropbox ( https://www.dropbox.com/sh/t46fdirxujk6vtn/AADrPwjbCIewGXMsfsac5Fw7a?dl=0&s=sl ) . It is for my Warchief mage idea with Barbarians. But i have a really deep feeling that barbarians will be centaurs, so i am already off :)

« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:21:03 PM by Boocheck »
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 01:17:16 PM »
I've been dying to get a Photoshop template to create cards on. The assets I could find on Deviantart were all merged images with text already layered over.

http://deligaris.deviantart.com/art/Mage-Wars-card-assets-374857744
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

JasonBourneZombie

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 02:04:34 PM »
I'm actually settling on a very simple template. I'd begun work on a template like the one linked, but it's too similar to the actual cards to not be confusing. Mine will be rough and basic, but it'll suit me just fine.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
...ergh...argh...

TucsonDoug

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2015, 05:33:19 PM »
This idea sounds like a whole lot of fun. Unfortunately, I've no idea where I can get a blank card or template to work with. I've tried searching for them on google, but I've had no luck.

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »
I thought about a card the other day.

Incantation:

Name - Sinew Consummation

Dark Mage or Necromancer only

Description: offer one creature to take control of an opponents creature. The creature has 1 less armor, 2 less health, and is a zombie. Pay mana equal to new creatures cost minus cost of your creature.

something along those lines. the art would be of sinew bursting from one creature and wrapping around another. Still playing with the idea but that's what I got so far
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 12:24:41 PM »
I thought about a card the other day.

Incantation:

Name - Sinew Consummation

Dark Mage or Necromancer only

Description: offer one creature to take control of an opponents creature. The creature has 1 less armor, 2 less health, and is a zombie. Pay mana equal to new creatures cost minus cost of your creature.

something along those lines. the art would be of sinew bursting from one creature and wrapping around another. Still playing with the idea but that's what I got so far

2 words: crazy overpowered.

killing a pet, bloodreaper, holy avenger, ... For sure the bloodreaper since it's not in the mana cost.
In general killing buffed/enchanted creatures. Offering an almost dead one and receiving a healthy one etc...
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.