May 18, 2024, 05:43:14 AM

Author Topic: Trample  (Read 3097 times)

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Trample
« on: January 25, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
Are Trample attacks affected by Daze?

And why isn't Trample in either the Codex nor Supplement (and the Grimoire rules aren't online yet)?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 10:35:13 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Trample
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2017, 12:02:27 AM »
Trample is affected by Daze. The way Daze is written, all attacks are affected by it unless otherwise specified, and Trample doesn't say anything to contradict this.

The last Codex update came out before Lost Grimoire and says specifically that it's only up to date through to Paladin vs Siren. Meanwhile, the Supplement doesn't generally contain new terms. It's the place to clarify how things work, not necessarily to introduce new things. Notice that it also doesn't include terms like Snatch. Also, despite what it says, it is only up to date through Paladin vs Siren as well. I'm not completely certain why they put that it was good through Lost Grimoire on there, I guess because Lost Griomoire came out in the middle of writing the Supplement update, but nothing from Lost Grimoire has actually been included. Another update is in the works.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
Re: Trample
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 03:55:22 PM »
Thanks. We ruled correctly on the spot. Not sure why, but I thought the Codex and the Rules Supplement had been updated since/with Lost Grimoire v1.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster