May 04, 2024, 09:34:53 AM

Author Topic: Earth Wizard  (Read 16595 times)

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Earth Wizard
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2013, 04:47:41 PM »
With a teleport Im sure I would put Earth Elemental to some good use, when I have faced him, I just walked around him and have won the game just ignoring him. But no one has used teleport in the games. That or teleport trap. And your right.....I forgot he doesnt have a quick attack.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 12:05:54 AM »
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=8934
With a teleport Im sure I would put Earth Elemental to some good use, when I have faced him, I just walked around him and have won the game just ignoring him. But no one has used teleport in the games. That or teleport trap. And your right.....I forgot he doesnt have a quick attack.

I have played an earth wizard build a couple times now; both times with a focus on getting the Earth elemental out on round two or so.  I've found that teleport is ABSOLUTLY a necessity in order to get any use out of him.  As Darth said, he can basically be ignored the whole game by an intelligent opponent.  However, with 4 copies of teleport and a couple of mage wands, he becomes quite the menace.  The same goes for the Iron golems, and really any slow creature, for that matter.  Teleport is the only way they are gonna see any action.  Force push works well too.  They are immovable, but your opponent (usually) is not.  ;)
Si vis pacem para bellum

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 12:50:22 AM »
Doode. You totally have to charge+iron golem once. Just imagine teleport.... but better! Honestly, I wouldn't even put him in... I took him out of my build to play with more golems. He's good, but you just have to put too much work into him to really make him any good... Now I do like him in the late game, because he functions as a 20 mana wall.... but that's only if you are winning, and I do think it is more of a win more card. More play testing will see though..
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 01:06:21 AM »
Oh ya, I do have a couple charge incantations in there for use on the Iron golems.  Works great.  Really good to surprise an opponent.  Once you get two golems out, have your mage play charge on both of them, then watch as terror washes over your opponents face. LoL   :evil:
Si vis pacem para bellum

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 11:40:15 AM »
Yeah, which really makes me wonder if Huginn should be in this build...
Always carry a towel...

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 12:43:22 PM »
I took my deck apart, and went with a warlord. He has 4 iorn golems,1 earth elemental, 2 helm of command(for dissolve, Im not running nullify) and LOTS of commands.
Turn one,19 mana-Move up one zone,cast Battle forge, quick cast Harmonize and reveal.
Turn two, 16 mana-move two zones left.(If your opponent is on their side of the arena) quick cast Tangle Vine
Turn three, 20 mana-Have Battle forge cast Helm of command,bind charge,summon Iorn Golem (or Earth Elemental.)
Turn four, 16 mana(or 9)- summon another Iorn Golem and use rouse the beast or charge on the first Golem. OR move Earth Elemental, hope tangle vine is still there and wait for next turn to use a command.
Turn five, 9 mana- use battle fury on Iorn golem, quick cast the +2 melee command on the other...
I dont know how it will play out. I only get to play on fridays now so...but I get twelve hours to play! I know with the solo buff/equipped warlock deck that dominating my meta, It should go well.
Within Shad0w.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 01:36:59 PM »
Hey man, that sounds completely AWESOME. But I have such a hate on for the warlock. The divine vampiress combo has been working well for me to combat most warlock strategies, as has.... my earth wizard! But it seems dog swarm would do really well against it too...
Always carry a towel...

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 03:44:16 PM »
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=9049
summon another Iorn Golem and use rouse the beast

I like your opening, but you can't cast Rouse of the Beast on nonliving creature (look at the casting line of that spell).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 07:16:46 PM »
Quote from: "Gewar" post=9056
Quote from: "DarthDadaD20" post=9049
summon another Iorn Golem and use rouse the beast

I like your opening, but you can't cast Rouse of the Beast on nonliving creature (look at the casting line of that spell).

ARGG! That is the second time I have tried to use something that targets a living creature on Iron Golem!!! Thank you Gewar. I need to stop building the books in my head before I get to the cards...Even though Rouse the Beast only makes perfect sense targeting a living creature.. :oops:
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 07:27:51 PM »
Quote from: "padawanofthegames" post=9051
Hey man, that sounds completely AWESOME. But I have such a hate on for the warlock. The divine vampiress combo has been working well for me to combat most warlock strategies, as has.... my earth wizard! But it seems dog swarm would do really well against it too...

Oh my god I hate the warlock SOOOO much! :angry: I did have a good time with the earth wizard against him though. It was easy to get rid of all his enchantments and equipment since all the destroy enchantments cards are arcane. After the game my opponent told me he had one nullify in every planing phase. So thats a win in and of it self. I lost that game to a well planed battle fury. I love how he didnt even play Helm of fear! I love you Iron Golem.
Within Shad0w.