May 04, 2024, 04:18:45 AM

Author Topic: Fire Wizard  (Read 14068 times)

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Wizard
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2013, 09:52:18 PM »
The Charm - Mongoose Agility - Force Pull combination will be less of a burden for your build because the wizard is a toolbox by nature. Only a few plays will tells us how well you can handle it. I think the Forcemaster will be mana starved and will be hurt by even a little bit of mana drain.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 11:12:58 PM »
I am thinking that a Mana denial deck will do in a FM quickly especially with no Mana buffs in the default deck.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 11:26:43 PM »
Mana denial is mostly effective against creature based play, so I'm not convinced that it will be particularly effective against FM beatdown, but time will tell.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2013, 12:43:25 AM »
Quote from: "sIKE" post=8513
I am thinking that a Mana denial deck will do in a FM quickly especially with no Mana buffs in the default deck.

...why would a Forcemaster use the default spellbook?

piousflea

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2013, 07:39:46 AM »
As a Wizard you have enough dispels and nullifies to really give a FM conniptions trying to MC or Charm your big creatures.

Remember that the FM is really action-starved. If she has to both remove Nullify AND cast a charm, she's not attacking that round. (Unless she used a Thoughtspore to remove nullify - in which case, why hasn't your Lord of Fire killed the Thoughtspore yet?)

Whenever you are ready to beat down the FM, just Dispel her force field. Wizard has enough mana generation that you can afford the 12 mana cost. And don't cast bear strength on your lord of fire, cast Falcon Precision so he can pierce through her defense.

With 32 base health, the FM is really squishy if you can get around her Defense and her Forcefield.