May 04, 2024, 06:27:27 AM

Author Topic: Labirynth of Minotaur  (Read 7466 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Labirynth of Minotaur
« on: January 29, 2013, 01:03:23 PM »
It is not real spellbook design, but I find this idea cool and wanted to share.

With Warlord, there will be many new Earth spells. I can't wait to see them all and create Labirynth-like spellbook. Not sure yet, if it will be Warlord's or Wizard's build (but I'm biased toward Wizard).

The main concept will be around Wall of Stones and other walls, limiting movement and LoS of every creature. This will create an adventage for heavy meele fighters like Bloodcrag Minotaur, Earth Elemental or Iron Golem.
In case of flyiers, there is Gravikor. If you play Wizard, you could place it so Huginn will be out of range and can cast Teleport on you or your oponent for even further movement controll.
Walls also create nice environment for traps and simmilar spells.

Idea is purely based on theme rather than gameplay reasons, but I plan to give it a try.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

residualshade

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Labirynth of Minotaur
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 01:13:21 PM »
Sounds like it might have potential depending on the new cards

LumberjackJim

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 02:22:02 PM »
Sounds like it could make an interesting scenario-style game.  Start with the labyrinth already set up with a couple of trap and monsters out.  Give the Wizard a half-value spellbook, and have an opposing mage with a normal spellbook try to get through and kill the Wizard.  Yeah, I'm definitely going to try that.  Thanks for the idea!

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 02:40:53 PM »
Quote from: "LumberjackJim" post=6858
Sounds like it could make an interesting scenario-style game.  Start with the labyrinth already set up with a couple of trap and monsters out.  Give the Wizard a half-value spellbook, and have an opposing mage with a normal spellbook try to get through and kill the Wizard.  Yeah, I'm definitely going to try that.  Thanks for the idea!

It could be also 2v1 scenario, with Wizzard having few turns for preparation. But ballancing it is beyond my competence :D

I will go for regular spellbook, trying to forge thematic idea into valid strategy :)
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."

Locusshifter

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 04:56:41 PM »
It sounds like an intersting style deck once the library of cards fleshes out a bit more.

residualshade

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 05:27:36 PM »
if they added a card that allowed you to walk or shoot through solid walls this would instantly become a very viable strategy.

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 06:53:47 PM »
Good job. I love theme builds. If it's a viable strategy too, well that's just icing on the cake. Be sure to post it after you get it built.

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 12:38:49 PM »
Another though - walls are giving nice protection for your conjurations - spawnpoints or healing conjurations can be both close to action and safe, Mana Crystal, Mana Siphon etc. can be completly blocked after casting, War Machines could be placed at the end of long corridor, to easy manage your enemies with hindering or Wall of Pikes and being able to shot.

And most important, more special places, more immersive would be Labirynth.

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 01:42:31 PM »
Well, it would definitely add some frustration for targeting from your opponent that's for sure.  Though wouldn't a few Eagle Wings, especially cast on some ranged creatures, break the book pretty quickly?

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2013, 02:14:39 PM »
Quote from: "Koy" post=6901
Well, it would definitely add some frustration for targeting from your opponent that's for sure.  Though wouldn't a few Eagle Wings, especially cast on some ranged creatures, break the book pretty quickly?

There will be conjuration, called Gravikor ( you can see spoiler here ) which makes every creature within two zones loose flying. Other than that, there are Dispels and Maim Wings and since your target is flying, you have LoS to it.

Koy

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2013, 02:20:00 PM »
Aha, multi zone flying denial!  Interesting.  Thank you for the insight, Gewar.  That shores up the one big hole I thought the build had.

spike.hsueh

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 01:13:49 AM »
mountain gorilla has climbing trait
might use it in the deck

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 10:32:50 AM »
Quote from: "spike.hsueh" post=10431
mountain gorilla has climbing trait
might use it in the deck

It's good idea (but Gorilla is lvl4 creature, so it will cost 8 points to include in Wizard's book).

For now, an idea of the labirynth is suspended, because there was no Minotaur in the expansion :P

spike.hsueh

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 02:51:30 PM »
http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9da956a569c65d5b054e80642&id=4ce4268cb9
New druid seems to be able to use her plant to make a Labirynth

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 03:21:22 AM »
Quote from: "spike.hsueh" post=10459
http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=9da956a569c65d5b054e80642&id=4ce4268cb9
New druid seems to be able to use her plant to make a Labirynth

Yeah - I can't wait to make Pan's Labirynth :D