May 02, 2024, 12:29:38 PM

Author Topic: Mage Wars 2 Day Charity Event Demo+Modified Apprentice Tournament! Mansfield OH  (Read 3516 times)

Justin Emery

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Greetings fellow Mage Wars fans!

Heroes Haven Games and Collectibles in Mansfield OH is proud to be bringing Mage Wars to Central OH!

We have a fundraising demo event happening this month, July 22nd and 23rd (Tues and Wed)!

Anyone in the area who's been interested in trying the game, been looking for a place and people to play with, or just wants to donate and hang out and more than welcome!

Apprentice Demon Day - July 22nd @ Heroes Haven Games & Collectibles;
1277 Lexington Ave Mansfield OH 44905
TIME: 6pm (Ok to be a little late)

Modified Apprentice Tournament - July 23rd @ Heroes Haven Games & Collectibles, Same Address
TIME: 6pm (Need a decent count ahead of time if possible, if you can provide your own Arena Board and Markers that would be great, we only have so many Cores to go around)

Asking for a $20 Donation which includes BOTH events, and goodies for both events. If you cannot make 7/22, contact myself or Heroes Haven and we will gladly set up a demo for you wherever and whenever ya like (within realistic distance of course)

Signing up for the event(s) comes with the following:
-1 Promo Card for Mage Wars, including Out of Print Gold Foil Stamped Ones!
-Free 75 cent Drink or Snack (2 for Members) for BOTH events
-Members get a $20 Punch on their Membership Discount card for their Donation
-10% Off Mage Wars Product Coupon: This Stacks with all Standard Heroes Haven Sales and Discounts and is good on ANY 1 Mage Wars product.
Remember if you cannot make the Demo on Tues the 22nd, please contact me to set up a demo day whenever and wherever you like!

Modified Apprentice Tournament Prizes!
1st Place – Core Game, 3 Promo Cards
2nd Place – 10% off Mage Wars Product Coupon (Stacks with Discounts), $5 Store Credit, 3 Promo Cards
3rd Place – 10% off Mage Wars Product Coupon (Stacks with Discounts) 3 Promo Cards
Highest Donation = Bonus Dragon and Hot Chick Spell Book and 3 Additional Promos!
May have more prizes added later, or if we have more attendance
Currently 14 Different promo cards available (8 Gold Foil Stamp OOP, more coming tho!)

This is a non profit event, graciously being hosted by Heroes Haven. Prize support is being paid for by Justin and Heroes Haven.

Any questions please contact Justin or Heroes Haven Games & Collectibles @ 419-709-8919 or on Facebook under the Stores Name.

See you all in the Arena!

• Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
That's in northeast/northcentral oh, not central oh. According to the map, it's over an hours drive from columbus to Mansfield. You probably should make that a little more clear.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 05:32:36 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Justin Emery

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Ah apologies, wasn't meant to be unclear. Everyone out here just calls this Central OH heh. It's a bit boonies up here to be sure.

Were about an hour North of Columbus and a bit over an hour South of Cleveland / Toledo

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
If I can I will stop by tomorrow it is just over an hour from my house.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Justin Emery

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
That'd be awesome if ya can make it sir, be good to see ya again, and ya can keep me from forgetting what Incapacitated Mages can and can't do again heh

Justin Emery

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Well the Tournament was a big hit! We had 11 players total, 8 able to stay for the full event, and nearly everyone had a blast! Also raised just over $200!

Thank you to everyone who came out or tried to attend, I'll have pictures and info from the event sent in later for posting.

Even though it was just Apprentice Mode, for those curious

We had 2 Mages, 2 Warlocks, 2 Beastmaster, 2 Priestess (all rolled random, so was nice seeing 2 of each)

Wizard took 1st 4-0
Priestess took 2nd (3-2)
Priestess took 3rd (3-1)
Warlock took 4th (4-2)

To explain the weird scores, we had a Losers Bracket, winner of that would get back in to try again at the very end. The Warlock lost the 1st game, and then crushed EVERYONE in the losers bracket but then couldn't finish off the Priestess. It was a helluva come back though, he was tearing up everyone. We also had 1 person had to go early, so we had the Warlock player fill in for someone else)

Was a blast, and made several new fans, and more Mages for the Arena is always good!

Cheers!