May 02, 2024, 12:40:25 PM

Author Topic: Arnhems battle results,  (Read 6614 times)

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Arnhems battle results,
« on: June 18, 2014, 07:21:59 AM »

Sunday 15 June saw the battle of mages in Arnhem,  here are the results.

Roll of Battle, round three.

Paul:     Priestess
Jeroen:    Priestess
Franke:    Earth Wizard
Peter:       Earth Wizard
Wouter:   Fire Wizard
David:       Warlord
Ellen:         Beastmaster
Flemming: Druid

Battle one.Paul vs Flemming.  In a match up of the ladies, the arena quickly turned into a park of vines and trees.  This hindered the trolls that appeared to help asyra .  Slogging through trees, walls of thorns and thornlashers, the priestess could not deal enough damage to the enemy druid, who ran like the wind to seal a victory.  Damaged more then the druid the priestess conceeded at the time limit.

Ellens beastmaster faced Jeroens Priestess.  Ellen the beastmaster started off by summoning strong creatures with her lair while Jeroen the priestess put up defence and collected mana (He went up to 52 mana at some point!). Ellen attacked him with everything she got but Jeroen was afraid and constantly kept on teleporting away from her. As a result of that, Ellen tangelewinded him and Nullified his teleportation. Then she kept on smacking him until the time went out.
In the end of the game Ellen only had one damage while Jeroen had a total of 24 damage.

Davids warlord turned up to show what he could do to Peters Earth Wizard.  The warlord started making barracks and outposts to get much mana to summon creatures.  The wizard brought his channeling up with mana crystals, a battle forge, a wizard tower and his huginn.  Surprisingly for the wizard his familiar got killed almost immediately.  This put him on defense.  The warlord made lots of soldiers and pressured the mage by killing his channeling as the wizard had too much armor, ( 3 and shield and a suppression cloak).  The wizard made sure the warlord had more trouble hurting him with a veteran belt and regrowth.  As the time was running out the wizard pulled out a trick damaging the mage to steal the victory.  10 damage to 7.

The last match up is an Earth Wizard vs Wouters Fire Wizard.  Elemental fury of fireballs, rocks, wands and burning.  As it happened, earth was more powerful than fire and the earth wizard took the win.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Arnhems battle results,
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 07:23:03 AM »
Interestingly in comparison to Origins, our battles were dominated by Wizards.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2014, 07:38:01 AM »
The last write up, missed from above,   enjoy.

The last match up is an Earth Wizard vs Wouters Fire Wizard.  Elemental fury of fireballs, rocks, wands and burning.  This battle between Wouter and Franke was a battle between two wizards. The first few rounds were almost copies of each others turns (Mana Crystals and Battle Forges), but where Wouters mage showed his affinity for Fire Magic, Franke's wizard was trained in the Earth School.
Wouter summoned Huginn and Franke responded by putting a Gorgon Archer on the board.
Huginn stayed well out of range of the Gorgon. Franke summoned more Mana Crystals and Harmonized them.
As a suprise move  Huginn 'Cheetah Speeded' forward and exploded Frankes Dragonscale Haulberk.
In a reaction Franke created a Wizards Tower with a Hurl Boulder. The fleeing Huginn couldn't avoid the massive rock and was killed.
Wouters mage stayed in range of the Wizards tower and cast a Firestorm on that area, doing damage on Franke's mage and the Tower.
Franke saw an opportunity and Tanglevined the Fire Mage and started to unleash more Boulders in combination with a Elemental Wand of Surging Wave.
Wouter couldn't get in a safe position (due some Nullifies and Jinx spells) and after a few well placed (read: lucky high rolls) Boulders the Fire Wizard was on deaths doorstep.
Wouter eventually teleported away, but an Acid Ball got the better of him.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 09:27:44 AM »
nice report Kiwipaul ! looked like a fun tourney !

Heb hier in België nog niet echt een community gevonden rond mage wars...ik blijf hopen..mssn groeit er wel iets moois op de spellenbeurs in Gent dit weekend...www.zomerspel.be !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »
Hopelijk wel pete2.  maak wat fotos en verslag van als je iets kunnen spelen.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2014, 03:13:27 PM »
Interesting write up you have here. Seems like you got a strong healthy group congratulations.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2014, 04:02:43 PM »
ah, a very challenging group.  I lose a lot these days.  Liked it better when I won

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 03:04:37 AM »
Franke summoned more Mana Crystals and Harmonized them.

You can't Harmonize Mana Crystals...
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »
Very true, I did not notice that.  Bad Franke, we shall have to curse, lightning bolt, fireball and slam him

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 07:41:30 AM »
Eight mages met in the arena of Avondtuur Arnhem,  Not all survived.   
Two rounds of death and dueling led to the victors, and the dead.

Table one found Wouters Druid pitted against Sjoerd as the Forcemaster.  Confidence led the charge as Sjoerd closed to take out the druid quickly.  But Wouter was not to be such easy prey.  As agressive as a beastmaster, creatures and plants sprouted to bar the Forcemasters way and even with defenses and amazing mind powers, he fell beneath the weight of numbers leading to victory, for the druid.

Table two found a classic good vs evil with Franke bringing the light of Asyra with his priestess against Jeroens dark Necromancer.  Undead and curses could not save him from the Trolls beating down on him, though walling himself in with the trolls probably did not help either.  Westlock is safer with one less warlock and Franke taking himself to 5 straight victories.

Table three we had Johktari Ellen leading her animals against the mysterious powers of Peter the Earth Wizard.  Despite repeated charges and the use of force hammers vs the wizard tower, the champion of nature fell beneath Peters devious strategies and power.

Table four had a very experienced Air Wizard of David vs Arnouds Forcemaster,  a close duel with loads of movement, spells and posturing leading to at the end of the time allowed a 1 point win for the Forcemaster.  Followed by curses of the wizard, vowing revenge next time.
So  we had
   Type               Amount         Wins
   Beastmaster            1            0
   Wizard               2            1
   Forcemaster            2            1
   Priestess                    1            1
   Druid               1            1
   Necromancer            1            0

Onto the next round.

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2014, 05:38:56 AM »
Hopelijk wel pete2.  maak wat fotos en verslag van als je iets kunnen spelen.

Hey Kiwipaul, unfortunately the only game i got to play, i lost...but i did meet other "mages" so that eased the pain a bit...in fact : i met Mathias Gezel, the guy who started the FB page "Mage Wars Belgium". We are gonna keep in contact, and together we will try to get as much people as we can to start a MW community n Belgium. Mathias would even like to plan a tourney here in Belgium in fall so...i'm really looking forward to that !

At the fair i played with a "chargeotaur" build Warlord against a very young, but clever opponent who played with my spellbook of the necromancer, so in some way you could say i did win a bit...;-p
I think i have to blame myself on this loss : i was a bit nervous, and i focussed too much on that single creature, (Bloodcrag Minotaur) by buffing it with all kinds of aggro enchantments.  I should have also put ench's on it to protect it, or to regenerate it...He ranged attacked me with gorgon archer and melee attacked my BM with zombie brutes, and after a while he killed my BM..which left my mage alone and without protection...which led to loss !

included with this post, a picture of me on the left at zomerspel fair, playing the Warlord !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 10:38:08 AM »
Ah, chalk it upto experience Pete2,  the more you and others play the more others see it and want to play.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 10:38:35 AM »
Round Six,
Again mages clashed within the arena, different opponents but same results, victory or death. 
Wouter again led his druid, but this time up against David the Air Wizard.  A long duel, lasting longer than all the rest with the battle going to and fro, with victory ending up in the hands of the Druid.  Sjoerds Forcemaster took on Ellens Joktari.  Despite her skill with the bow, the forcemaster kept pulling and fixing her and she went down quickly to his onslaught of blows from his psychic sword and dancing weapon besides
Table three found Franke defending his title with his priestess vs Arnouds Forcemaster.  Experience showed as Franke took a glorious victory against the forcemaster, claiming the arena for Asyra again.
Table four ended up with Peters Earth Wizard vs Jeroens Necromancer.  Thanks to wizard tower rock assaults and great back up and skillful use of spells, the undead were set back in their grave with their Necromantic leader.  Victory to Peter.
Results,            Played         Wins
Beastmaster         1         0
Necromancer         1         0
Druid            1         1
Priestess                 1         1
Wizard            2         1
Forcemaster         2         1

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
Round seven in a war of mages. 
This time a concentrated mix as people took their preferences and specialties.  Summer meant a number of mages have teleported to quiet summer beaches to study the inside of their arcane eyelids.  Still six mages met to show their mettle.
Two forcemasters, two priestesses a wizard and a necromancer.
Table one saw Davids Forcemaster take on Jeroens Priestess,  showing an agressive start David took the fight directly to the priestess and finished her in a show of force,  (appropriate).
Table two  saw Peters experienced Earth Wizard take on Arnouds Forcemaster.  Despite the example shown on table one Arnoud could no toverpower the experience of Peter and fell before his wizard tower.
Table three had Franke, our unbeaten arch mage with his Necromancer, taking on Pauls priestess.  Here the forces of light were not strong enough to beat back the undead scourge,  Franke remained unbeaten.  But what about round eight?
To be continued…

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2014, 09:19:44 AM »
Round eight,
Table one Peter Earth Wizard takes on Pauls Priestess,  seems he was also telepathic and knew every move that the priestess would take, even her god could not save her as she fell beneath his onslaught.
Table two Arnouds Forcemaster took on Jeroens Priestess and inkeeping with table one the priestesses seemed to have lost their gods favour.
Table three Davids dangerous Forcemaster proved no match for the still unbeaten Necromancer from Franke.  Eight rounds to Franke,  one dangerous mage, but  their is still one to go.  Round nine.