May 13, 2024, 09:21:03 AM

Author Topic: do creatures under neutral control hinder?  (Read 2199 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
do creatures under neutral control hinder?
« on: June 03, 2015, 09:11:41 AM »
Do creatures under neutral control hinder? It seems like it would be unfair to aggro builds in domination if they did, but I'm not certain. Some clarification on this as soon as possible would be very helpful, since I need to build my spellbook for an event today.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: do creatures under neutral control hinder?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2015, 01:41:15 PM »
My gut reaction is yes.  However, in the rulebook Enemy is classified as "controlled by your opponent" and Hinder is only when moving into or out of an "enemy' creature's zone.  I would say, at this time, unless the Domination rulebook states otherwise, that there is no hindrance from "neutral" creatures.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2015, 03:05:10 PM »
I asked this same question way back in the beginning of Playtesting for Domination. It changed a couple of times during testing and I do not know what the final answer is, but I am quite sure that all of the brains that can answer this question are already at Origins and I am not sure if we will get an answer back before next week...
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

andy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2015, 03:44:42 PM »
I assume you're referring to the V'Tar orb guardians (which are the only example of a neutral creature that I can think of).  The rules for Mage Wars Battlegrounds Domination can be downloaded at this link.

Quote from: pg 8
V'Tar Orb guardians are not controlled by any Mage and do not have an action marker or an Action Phase.  They are treated as "enemies" by all players and creatures in the game.
(Emphasis mine.)  So yes, the guardians do hinder.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 07:13:44 PM »
Thank you andy. Based upon that information, it would definitely seem like they do hinder.