May 16, 2024, 04:14:48 AM

Author Topic: Who wants to start an online Mage Wars newspaper?  (Read 2072 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Who wants to start an online Mage Wars newspaper?
« on: July 07, 2016, 08:35:14 AM »
Taking inspiration from LordofWinter's (probably dead) blog, I was thinking that part of the reason it didn't work was because it was too much for just one person. We should make something similar, but instead of a blog, it should be a sort of news website about Mage Wars which has multiple writers. Here are the different categories I think we can divide things into:

Event/Match Report
Spellbook of the Day
Strategy and Tactics
Story Competition
Art Competition
Helpful Monkey

So we would need writers for each of those sections. Additionally, we would need someone for actually running the website and dealing with code and stuff, and we would need someone to design the overall layout.

Who's in?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to start an online Mage Wars newspaper?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2016, 03:22:36 PM »
Great idea. Don't think I'll have time though.
The Phoenix shall rise.

Drefan

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Who wants to start an online Mage Wars newspaper?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 04:18:26 PM »
Perhaps get sharkbait involved, the magecasts have been great and having a weekly/monthly pod would help the site with traffic.

Beyond that, I could maybe write some articles or something but creating detailed match reports would be too much of a hazzle in my eyes. Perhaps get more people involved in recording and commentating their own games?

Basically bringing out more AD content? But just more people in the mix.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
Octagon user: Drefan