May 11, 2024, 12:45:01 PM

Author Topic: Ghoulish Force Constructs Opening  (Read 6297 times)

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Ghoulish Force Constructs Opening
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2017, 06:09:06 PM »
I am always worried about mana costs for equipment. My preference is always for lots of low cost items rather than a few high cost pieces. The latter provide much bigger targets for opponents while the former effectively ‘swarm’ the enemy’s available counters.

But I really think the Orb needs to be in this build, regardless.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2017, 06:27:57 PM »
I am always worried about mana costs for equipment. My preference is always for lots of low cost items rather than a few high cost pieces. The latter provide much bigger targets for opponents while the former effectively ‘swarm’ the enemy’s available counters.

The bigger targets cost them a lot more mana - you never lose out.

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2017, 09:26:53 PM »
Obviously my meta is a bit different. My regular opponents are much less likely to dissolve (etc) my little stuff than they are the big stuff, so I get to keep the little stuff and thus gain an advantage.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2017, 03:54:32 AM »
What I mean by 'never lose out' is that you pay 2 mana to cast and I pay 2 to destroy, or you pay 10 to cast, and I pay 10 to destroy... your opponent spends the same mana and actions that you do, and if you got use of the item in between, then you are up. And 75% of books run Battle Forges, so you are even up on the action...

In my experience it's mid-range stuff that's destroyed.Leather is more efficiently dealt with 2:1 with Acid Balls, it's Hauberks, Cloaks and Wands that get Dissolved, larger stuff far more rarely.

In Galvitars case it has Cantrip, so that would be Dissolved never. Maybe a very occasional Disarm, but never Destroyed.