May 03, 2024, 02:18:23 AM

Author Topic: I booked my Gencon ticket/hotel now my questions  (Read 4807 times)

dexmark

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
I booked my Gencon ticket/hotel now my questions
« on: March 26, 2013, 07:24:13 PM »
Okay, I know that the team is going to GenCon this year.

I already booked my tickets and hotel stay.

Most likely different players will have questions about it.

Let me start:

My questions:

[ul]
  [li]Do you guys know what booth Magewars is going to be in?
[/li]
  [li]What items would be for sale in Gencon? Shirts, tokens, spell books?
[/li]
[li]
Are there any game time with fellow MageWars players? Are we supposed to bring our own spellbook?
[/li]
[li]
Any plans for any Gencon only promo cards? If yes, how to get it?
[/li]
[/ul]

This way I know where to head to in Gencon and what to do.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: I booked my Gencon ticket/hotel now my questions
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 07:56:25 AM »
@Dexmark

Do you guys know what booth Magewars is going to be in?
As of this post the exhibitor map has not been updated yet.

What items would be for sale in Gencon? Shirts, tokens, spell books?
I last year AW had shirts, spell tomes, mage wars, and spell books.
I have not heard yet but I hope AW will add FM vs Warlord, action marker set, the 2 spell books sets,  and more. I do not know if Necro vs Druid will be for sale at Gencon or not yet but the the plan is it will be.

Are there any game time with fellow MageWars players?
If everything works out I hope to have stuff going in the tourney hall. Kinda of an open play during non-tourney times

Are we supposed to bring our own spellbook?
I am bringing mine. If you plan on playing in any MW events I would recommend it. We did have some books on site at the last few events for those who forgot.

Any plans for any Gencon only promo cards?
We had some last year so I hope so.

If yes, how to get it?
Have not heard the plan yet.

Thessial or Patrick could you please add or edit anything I missed since I know plans like this can change.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

dexmark

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00:49 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=9906
@Dexmark

Do you guys know what booth Magewars is going to be in?
As of this post the exhibitor map has not been updated yet.

What items would be for sale in Gencon? Shirts, tokens, spell books?
I last year AW had shirts, spell tomes, mage wars, and spell books.
I have not heard yet but I hope AW will add FM vs Warlord, action marker set, the 2 spell books sets,  and more. I do not know if Necro vs Druid will be for sale at Gencon or not yet but the the plan is it will be.

Are there any game time with fellow MageWars players?
If everything works out I hope to have stuff going in the tourney hall. Kinda of an open play during non-tourney times

Are we supposed to bring our own spellbook?
I am bringing mine. If you plan on playing in any MW events I would recommend it. We did have some books on site at the last few events for those who forgot.

Any plans for any Gencon only promo cards?
We had some last year so I hope so.

If yes, how to get it?
Have not heard the plan yet.

Thessial or Patrick could you please add or edit anything I missed since I know plans like this can change.

Thanks for the information Shadow. I may bring my spell book.

Gencon is about 4 days. Is the tourney like everyday or one of the days?

Looking forward to the Necromancer vs Druid. Not sure if the promo cards will be tied to that release because it will promote the sale of it too. For example a Promo card for the Necromancer and/or Druid + a generic promo card (like equipment).

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
Last year we did 1 event each night. I do not know if this will be expanded or not since it will be 1 year since launch.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Douglas_Anders

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 12:48:46 PM »
I'm bringing my 10-year-old t oGenCon. If AW doesn't bring anything new and cool, he'll just stand in front of the booth and look sad.

DannyLR

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 02:31:30 PM »
We are organizing a crew of Mage War players coming up from Atlanta. :-) Can't wait to meet and play with others!

dexmark

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 06:20:26 PM »
Quote from: "DannyLR" post=9927
We are organizing a crew of Mage War players coming up from Atlanta. :-) Can't wait to meet and play with others!

Bring it on!!!  :)

Thessial

• Vice President
  • Administrator
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2013, 09:00:17 AM »
First, Anders you have to bring your 10 year old by. I just have this picture in my head of a dismal looking child in front of the booth captioned "Why aren't you here?".

And to the rest...

Booth Number: Not yet assigned. We will also have a MW room just like last year.

What's for sale: The entire product line (Core Set, FvW Expansion, Spell Tomes 1, 2, & 3, Action Markers, Spell Book Packs 1 & 2) + T-shirts, Caps, and posters. Now the rest of this list is strong possibilities. These include Druid vs Necro Expansion & Premium Status Boards. I hope to get more items added to this list, but I need them further along in the production cycle before announcing.

Time to Game: At the moment we expect to be incredibly busy, but I will plant the bug today that each of us needs to find time to 'Game with the Gamers'.

Bring your own Spellbook?: ABSOLUTELY! BRING THREE! In fact I want to encourage making your Mage as unique as possible. If you have your own bedazzled action markers, BRING THEM. Made your own laser etched status board, BRING IT! Got your own status tokens carved from the bones of baby Steelclaw Grizzlies, DO IT! As our product line grows we intend to give you more options to personalize your Mage. Who knows. Your design could be the next major fad in high fashion spell-slinging.

Promos for Gencon: Absolutely! We are in the process of voting on which card it will be right now. Just so we're clear, all of our promo cards will appear in later sets. The art may be different but we never want to penalize a player just for missing Gencon.

How to receive them: Hmmm, that is up in the air. We may have one that is easy, like walking up to the booth. The other one might require entry into the tournament. THIS IS ALL UNKNOWN, but we will update you as soon as we have decided.

We look forward to seeing you there!

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2013, 09:45:09 AM »
Said in my best Scooby voice "Did I hear Premium Status Boards?"
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

dexmark

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2013, 05:36:38 PM »
I am excited now. I am bringing people with me. I actually got people to buy the game because they don't trust me making the spellbook for them. Premium board wow. Sounds 'Premium' - gotta have it all :)

ABGames

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 11:58:57 AM »
I sent an e-mail asking, and haven't really received an answer.

Are there any plans for alternate play tournaments at Gencon,
I would love to see either a team or free for all event.