May 12, 2024, 02:02:18 PM

Author Topic: FIF: Garrison Post "Preview"  (Read 27034 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Garrison Post "Preview"
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2014, 09:38:36 PM »
This was one of our house rules.  Glad its official changed.  My question is the new garrison post in fif or is it just getting errata?

Unfortunately, Garrison Post is not in FIF. The only reprinted cards in FIF are the promos that are being printed for the first time in a set.

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2014, 09:39:43 PM »
FINALLY.

Garrison Post will no longer be completely wasted space in my Mage Wars box.

Please tell me Akiro's Hammer will also be getting an errata to give it the Indirect trait.

I think it'd be cleaner to just remove the word "corporeal" from its target restriction so it could hit any conjuration.

Right now it can't shoot a Pentagram or Poison Gas Cloud even if it had a clear path.
Even with Indirect, it couldn't voluntary target a Wall of Fire or Fog Bank in the event you needed to clear the LOS for something else.   At no point should a machine specifically for busting conjurations be unable to target a type of wall.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2014, 11:26:51 PM »
FINALLY.

Please tell me Akiro's Hammer will also be getting an errata to give it the Indirect trait.

I think it'd be cleaner to just remove the word "corporeal" from its target restriction so it could hit any conjuration.

Right now it can't shoot a Pentagram or Poison Gas Cloud even if it had a clear path.
Even with Indirect, it couldn't voluntary target a Wall of Fire or Fog Bank in the event you needed to clear the LOS for something else.   At no point should a machine specifically for busting conjurations be unable to target a type of wall.

That wouldn't really solve the problem, since the range on the attack is 2-3. It could still be stopped by a wall right in front of it.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2014, 12:45:59 AM »
More and more i hear an A-Team opening song!

Thank you AW!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

joechip90

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2014, 05:36:56 AM »
It looks like a very good idea as without being able to position creatures summoned by the barracks, it always looked like a pretty weak card.  This fix should sort out the problems and I can now begin imagining running one again in my Warlord book.

Will we get a copy of the updated card in the download section like we've had with previous errata (those ones posted here http://www.arcanewonders.com/resources/Errata_Cards.pdf)?  With the previous cards I have been printing them out onto vinyl stickers and sticking them over the old text of the old cards to keep my set up-to-date.
Looking for an opponent in Bergen?  Check out my BGG profile and feel free to get in touch

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2014, 06:30:04 AM »
FINALLY.

This would be awesome!

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2014, 07:31:48 AM »
Akiro's hammer is in a weird spot because it's usually quite bad, but making it any better would alarm me in one specific matchup that should not be exacerbated any further in this set, IMO.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2014, 07:43:03 AM »
Akiro's hammer is in a weird spot because it's usually quite bad, but making it any better would alarm me in one specific matchup that should not be exacerbated any further in this set, IMO.

dont tell me its the druid.

Currently the Warlord is worthless against the druid, so he needs all the help he can get.

Come to think of it - it can only be mirror match your referring to.

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2014, 07:45:21 AM »
"Currently" is a funny thing!
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

lettucemode

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2014, 09:35:10 AM »

Making a character or card better in some matchups without affecting others is the kind of thing that makes game balance truly tricky. I love stories about that kind of thing but don't envy the designers!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 09:46:34 AM by lettucemode »

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2014, 10:47:45 AM »

I assume you're referring to the Druid v. Warlord matchup, who is already going to have some pain with more Fire...

And the Hammer is weak against Fire, which the Druid is terrible at. I see what you mean.

Well, hopefully for SvP then. =\

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2014, 12:44:27 PM »
What is cool with this updated version of GP, is that you can wall off the Barrack to protect it, yet still can spawn creature.

Wise fool

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2014, 01:50:23 PM »
Will the set Warlord vs Forcemaster have the updated card in them at some point?

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2014, 02:04:50 PM »
Will the set Warlord vs Forcemaster have the updated card in them at some point?

Yes, the next printing of FVW will have the updated cards in it.

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2014, 02:28:55 PM »

Yes, the next printing of FVW will have the updated cards in it.

Do we have to wait the release of FiF to play it like this or the errata is effective right now?