May 02, 2024, 09:02:05 AM

Author Topic: How to make Makunda work?  (Read 3094 times)

Xalgun

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
How to make Makunda work?
« on: May 08, 2015, 12:22:40 PM »
After the New wallpaper of the beastmistress and Makunda I relly want to make a book for her with Makunda. I have thought of rhino hide for him, also akiros favor for a better bleed chance. Then for me Cobra reflexes and for both of us a temple to reroll defense rolls. What do you think?
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 11:29:56 PM by Xalgun »

rodriguekhalil

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Makunda work?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 11:16:33 AM »
Are you thinking buddy build? This might work, but to get the most out of Makunda, you need to have more cats. As of this print, the only other cats available are Feral Bobcat and Cervere, both great creatures.

Cervere being fast, it migt be a little harder to give him the piercing bonus from Makunda. You need to time it well.. You're probably better off with a Lion Savagery.

Feral Bobcat, on the other hand, can be very good if it charges and attacks in the same zone as Makunda. 4 dice, piercing +1 is not a small deal. Add to this one or two [mwcard=MW1J03]Tooth & Nail[/mwcard] and you have some killer cats going around.

In the meanwhile, your mage can either be in the background shooting some deadly arrows or in the action, fighting along with her cats. However, If you choose  that last option, I would probably go with the Straywood Beastmaster, just because he is so much better at fighting and because a feral bobcat pet attacking in the same Zone as Makunda and its owner and having extra piercing is sooooooo great!

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Re: How to make Makunda work?
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 03:18:45 PM »
if its just about making makunda work, i'd go for Mister beastmaster and 6 cats. go melee with makunda. then on turns without initiative, use the last turn to move out of enemy zone and cast a lev1cat. when you have initiative the next round, it can dive in first. totems would help with this too.

...so basically exactly what the previous guy said.

if you insist on the lady, get a lair to cast all those cats and always stay one zone away from it(which is easier with a bow). hope they go melee your mage so the cats get that crucial charge. lair, cat and bow are a lot of mana though...(15,17,8 or 11:45 total) so spend the first 5 rounds enchanting self with enchanters ring and avoiding combat...wait that doesnt make much sense.

Or you could go for a buddy bleed strategy w/ enchantments. akiros favor all the bleeders, use hunting bow, a deathlock, and push them through bloodspine walls when they get on top of you. Make makunda flying if he starts getting hurt or to bypass your walls. Dire wolves may work better, but at least makunda has a defense, gets more from rhino hide, and is sturdier.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid