May 04, 2024, 09:30:14 AM

Author Topic: Is CoK necessary for balanced play.  (Read 3046 times)

raoul

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Is CoK necessary for balanced play.
« on: July 23, 2013, 06:45:22 PM »
I know the post is a little misleading but I didn't know how to state the question in the alotted space. I have The Core Game, Spell Tome's 1 & 2, FvW and 2 extra spellbooks. I love the game but don't play it enough to warrant another purchase or fully utilize what I already have. Now to the question:), what are your opinions on the need for CoK to have a chance against people who have it and are using the new cards ? I only play with one other person and he doesn't have the expansion but I'm trying to find more people to play in my area. I know it seems silly that I have spent $150 + on the game already but am balking at another $30 but, I'm trying to get away from completism and enjoy the game I have.

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Is CoK necessary for balanced play.
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:26:10 PM »
I think you should be fine for a while. There are some good cards in the latest set. But I don't think any of them are crucial to building a strong deck.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 12:23:51 AM »
I split cok with my friend. I got the beast mistress and he got the priest. Then split the cards by who gets what on need for the mage they play. All other cards are split evenly.  That way we get what mostly what we need and not spend too much while not having too many extra cards we won't use.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

lil_drag_n

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 12:28:00 AM »
Theirs only 26 new spells some are great others are not. You can check them out on the spoiler forum. But it sounds like you got more than enough card to be competitive.
Jedi vs that orc guy from L of the R, wow what a mix,... i wonder if AW would consider Dhalsim a mage.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:16:23 AM »
The only cards that I would say are pretty important are obviously the mages, Dire Wolves, Drain Soul, Guardian Angels, Bridge Trolls...

Ok, Im probably not the best person to ask.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 02:48:26 AM »

There is plenty of fun and strategic japes to be had without CoK.

Guardian Angel is lovely, but there are ways round everything in this game.