May 02, 2024, 12:32:16 AM

Author Topic: Your FAVORITE aspect of Mage Wars is...  (Read 4319 times)

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Your FAVORITE aspect of Mage Wars is...
« on: October 18, 2012, 11:12:59 PM »
?

While picking out the numerous innovations and striking concepts present in the game, I have to say that I feel the thing that most attracts me to the game, my favorite aspect of the game, is the fact that everything is LOGICAL to the extreme. If you think something works a certain way it probably does. Mage Wars isn't a guessing game when it comes to how things function, and that's a solid breathe of fresh air in the ever-more convoluted world of tabletop gaming.

What's your favorite thing about Mage Wars?

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

kamishev

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Your FAVORITE aspect of Mage Wars is...
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 01:46:25 AM »
"LOGICAL" to the extreme is also one of mine favorite thing  about MW. The second one is feeling of chess game putted inside the game. You can apply a lot of the chess basic principles in MW and they have  meaning in the MW world also.

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:07:11 AM »
Quote from: "kamishev" post=2327
"LOGICAL" to the extreme is also one of mine favorite thing  about MW. The second one is feeling of chess game putted inside the game. You can apply a lot of the chess basic principles in MW and they have  meaning in the MW world also.

Is the chess analogy something upon which you care to expound?

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

kamishev

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 05:59:10 AM »
I make this analogy, because i think chess i a game that gives you a chance to be creative and to think hard, to find new ways of doing things. Things that MW also encourage. By the way a lot of this principles (like rule the middle ground of the battleground,  make a good connections between your pieces and etc.) are the same like  the "Art of war", because at the end it`s a war :)

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 09:55:14 AM »
Access to all my cards from round 1 is my favorite innovation in Mage Wars.
Si vis pacem para bellum

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:24:08 PM »
My favorite thing about Mage Wars is being employed there  :P

But seriously, the first time I played Mage Wars, which was a little over two years ago - I immediately fell in love with the arena. I was a huge miniatures player who had to stop playing miniatures games because of the time and expense involved. It was a wonderful feeling being invited over to Bryan's house to play "the new game he was working on," only to find out that it was amazing. I liked the feeling of commanding an army, but not having to paint. I liked the spellbook and the customization - the idea that I could really "be" that mage. I instantly fell in love with the game.

Akirias

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 02:20:01 PM »
My favorite aspect of MW is the flavor. I play warlock, and with the fire and dark spells I feel like a warlock. My favorite game so far was against priestess. I extended a fire wall to trap the priestess, then i planted a trap spell in the only zone she could move  into. I then proseeded to oven roast her. It was awesome.