May 02, 2024, 05:04:41 AM

Author Topic: Will wizards of other elements be released in future academy sets?  (Read 1670 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I found out that despite the core academy set only including the air wizard and no other wizards, the actual Sistarra academy in the Mage wars universe has wizards trained in all four elements. Will the other wizards be released in later sets? I'd hate for there to be mages that exist in the story but will never be played in real life.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Ganpot

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Will wizards of other elements be released in future academy sets?
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 10:07:33 PM »
Personally, I doubt it.  I'm betting that Academy will only feature younger versions of all the Arena mages (that seems to be the trend so far).  I have no idea what abilities and training the alternative (female) Arena wizard will possess (if I remember correctly, the devs hinted that she will have some sort of time-based abilities), but since the male Arena wizard did have full elemental training and his Academy counterpart does not, it's probably a safe bet that the same thing will happen to the female version. 

There is actually a practical reason for Arcane Wonders removing the male wizard's elemental flexibility.  Since Academy come with less cards than Arena, there is no way to make a fire, water, or earth wizard without buying other (Arena) expansions.  And because Academy is supposed to be simpler than Arena and an introduction to Mage Wars in general, being given an ability you cannot make use of might confuse and annoy newcomers.