May 15, 2024, 03:07:13 PM

Author Topic: Is it intended that incapacitated creatures may attempt escape rolls?  (Read 3481 times)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Especially with sleep this doesnt make much sense that a creature can get out of a stuck condition (pit trap / spider web etc.)

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
Re: Is it intended that incapacitated creatures may attempt escape rolls?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 09:56:22 AM »
Good question. But should be in Rule Question section, not General.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 10:17:23 AM »
<An Incapacitated creature cannot take any actions, including moving, attacking, guarding, casting spells, or counterstriking.>

I would consider an escape roll as an action, that is not specifically named in this sentence.
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 10:26:34 AM »
<An Incapacitated creature cannot take any actions, including moving, attacking, guarding, casting spells, or counterstriking.>

I would consider an escape roll as an action, that is not specifically named in this sentence.

Escape roll is not an Action. It is taken AFTER your Action.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
I know that. But use logic here: A creature does not need to spend the action marker to do an escape roll, but while trying to escape, they DO something. That can be called action too, other kind of action, that is not mentioned in the posted sentence.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:37:55 AM by Schwenkgott »
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Wildhorn

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:42:28 PM »
I know that. But use logic here: A creature does not need to spend the action marker to do an escape roll, but while trying to escape, they DO something. That can be called action too, other kind of action, that is not mentioned in the posted sentence.

It still not an action. I agree you should not be allowed escape roll when incapacited, but Incapacited need to be updated with "Do not allow escape roll". But escape roll is not an action in game terms.