May 01, 2024, 08:37:08 PM

Author Topic: Yashima Wizard Crossover  (Read 4463 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Yashima Wizard Crossover
« on: September 17, 2014, 01:02:59 PM »
I've been very excited about the game, Yashima, since the first time I spoke with its designers. That is why I'm thrilled that we have been able to collaborate with Green Brier Games to make a promotial figure of our Wizard for their game. This will both be a miniature figure and the cards needed to use them in Yashima. You can find our announcement of it >>HERE<<. Also, you can find their kickstarter >>HERE<<.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Yashima Wizard Crossover
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 01:52:15 PM »
I want the mini to play in the arena!!!!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Yashima Wizard Crossover
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 04:19:49 PM »
What kami does the wizard of Sortilege fight for anyway? I thought the wizards were godless.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:30:50 PM by Imaginator »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

ozmo

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 04:24:23 PM »
The game looks interesting. I'll check out some of the how to play videos. This is one I'm considering backing. Especially with the Wizard in it. :D

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 08:18:47 AM »
What kami does the wizard of Sortilege fight for anyway? I thought the wizards were godless.

The Wizard isn't necessarily godless. Now, you're right they certainly don't go after the gods. Also, the Kami are spirits, and so a Wizard outside of his own realm and uses his skill to bond with a Kami. Wizards are more about understanding and bending knowledge to their will.

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 09:45:11 AM »
Kami literally means God in Japanese. They're definitely not just normal spirits.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 11:19:48 PM »
so my understanding is, a that you need to be a backer of the game first.

Then they will add the shipping charges on after they get the games. And the Wizard is a special character that will need to be purchased separately.

As much as i love kickstarter there are way too many unknowns here. How much extra is shipping going to be. How much extra are you going to charge just so i can get a wizard?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 11:29:23 PM »
Kami literally means God in Japanese. They're definitely not just normal spirits.

Kami directly translates to Spirit. Though sometimes synonymous with god depending on context it is a distinction that is important to make.

Wikipedia has a great summary of the term. "Kami (Japanese: 神?) are the spirits or phenomena that are worshiped in the religion of Shinto. They are elements in nature, animals, creationary forces in the universe, as well as spirits of the revered deceased. Many Kami are considered the ancient ancestors of entire clans, and some ancestors became Kami upon their death if they were able to embody the values and virtues of Kami in life. Traditionally, great or charismatic leaders like the Emperor could be kami."
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Gregstrom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2014, 10:26:07 AM »
...so gods in the sense that the lares and penates were gods then?