May 17, 2024, 06:09:46 AM

Author Topic: Card Sleeves that fit?  (Read 7655 times)

TJourd

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Card Sleeves that fit?
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 08:14:51 PM »
All right I believe this topic has run its course unless someone new has another type of sleeve to add.
Just plain going back and forth about the sleeve "cut"  is not what I was hoping for this tread to accomplish,

Just like in Star Wars "Stay on Target!" ;)

Thanks for the entries though guys I do appreciate the thoughts!
Robert

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 12:54:01 PM »
I could name plenty of brands

Legion
KMC
Dragon Shield
Max
May Day
Fantasy Flight
Players Choice
Ultra Pro

I could go on but you get the idea
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

TJourd

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 01:30:53 PM »
I could name plenty of brands

Legion
KMC
Dragon Shield
Max
May Day
Fantasy Flight
Players Choice
Ultra Pro

I could go on but you get the idea

I just went to the FFS page and found that they do not even carry the size that you mentioned earlier on in this thread (66mm x 91mm). What they do have is (63.5 x 88 MM) Do these still fit around the cards? It seems odd that they would be selling there card sleeves for cards of their games but that they would not fit any other cards from other games. You are sure about your size above? (no that your lying)...lol

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 01:34:42 PM »
I know I can look up the size in mm but I am at work and have limited access
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2014, 01:41:18 PM »
The Mage Wars cards themselves are 63mm by 88mm according to Patrick Connor who works for Arcane Wonders (I believe as communications director). Anything that fits that size will work fine. The FFS sleeves might fit them in width (although it would be very snug), but I'd be worried about the card peeking out the top of the sleeve if both the sleeve and card are the exact same height. Standard sleeves are normally 66mm x 91mm from what I see being sold by other places, and they probably fit the cards much better.

TJourd

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2014, 03:04:47 PM »
The Mage Wars cards themselves are 63mm by 88mm according to Patrick Connor who works for Arcane Wonders (I believe as communications director). Anything that fits that size will work fine. The FFS sleeves might fit them in width (although it would be very snug), but I'd be worried about the card peeking out the top of the sleeve if both the sleeve and card are the exact same height. Standard sleeves are normally 66mm x 91mm from what I see being sold by other places, and they probably fit the cards much better.

I am thinking that the FFS sleeves are not in the running for my new cards, so I'll try some other sleeves, not sure which yet though as there are several choices.

Thanks
Robert