Mage Wars > Spellbook Design and Construction

120pts vs spellbook design

<< < (3/3)

Borg:

--- Quote from: "1unatic" post=68 ---I would definitely expect to see mages with a different number of spell points in the future - though it is unlikely to deviate far from 120 since this value has been fine-tuned over years of playtesting.
--- End quote ---

A possible way to decrease the number of spellpoints for certain mages from 120 to let's say 100 or even 90 is to make them proficient in more then 1 school of Magic like for instance a Holy/Nature Mage with 100 spellpoints ( though I'm sure you've thought of this already and these types of mages or somewhere down the pipeline.
I guess we'll get at least a couple of single school mages for each school first.

Dragkin:
Yeah, looking at the card pool selection so far I think 120 is pretty good number. Not to low and not too high, and I can see how it allows a lot of customization too actually. For me, I don't really see it all that different when you compare it to other miniature wargames. I think with this we'll see a lot of creativity come out from players once they get the hang of the mechanics and such. I'm already trying to work out some unconventional things to throw together :)

Mgrancey:
Knowing how the spell books are built this gives me an idea, similar to a Thunderstone tourney idea we had. After each round the mages who advance get say 10 more spellbook points, they can't remove any spells but can add new ones in. If a double elimination, losers get 5 points.

Thoughts?

Laddinfance:
To comment on the archmages,  I don't know if you need to increase their spellpoints.  There are a plethora of options available to make them quite lethal.  They could get additional special abilities and archmage specific spells, the sky is really the limit.  Right now as the game starts is the perfect time to see just what they will need to be challenging, and what can be added to make them interesting.  Needless to say I do enjoy "raiding" aspects in games.  In the end, there are too many good options open right now to know exactly what the Archmages will end up using.

Klaxas:
i beleave the plan was to have powerful abilities, powerful arch mage spells and increased spell points for the spellbook.  as you start to lose options as you cast spells, it would make sence the arch mages would take a lot longer to run out of options.  they could also increase the limit of how many cards of each you could have.  maybe arch mages can have 6 each of all level 3 and lower spells instead of just level 1 spells.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version