May 04, 2024, 12:33:18 PM

Author Topic: Gen con tournament was awesome!  (Read 2016 times)

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Gen con tournament was awesome!
« on: August 23, 2017, 01:14:28 AM »
Ok folks, i know i didn't win it or anything but i just wanted to finally get on here and say that i had an absolutely phenomenal time playing Mage Wars with all of you folks who attended! there was some incredible play from everyone at the tourney and I was even lucky enough to get in some matches the next day and after the tournament with folks ive been clambering to play with for a good long time.

I was simply Wowed by the caliber of books that came my way, and sitting next to some of you others from the forums in person was just plain enjoyable. i felt like id known many of the players for a while and we were already friends, just friends who were meeting for the first time. lol!

to the folks from St loius, i know most of you can see this cuz you check the forums, Well played! you guys have an enviable little meta down there and i really hope to see more of you here, on OCTGN and of course at Gen Con next year!

to the two of you st louisians who beat me in the tourney round 1, exceptionally well done out smarting me and then smashing in my face! to the two of you whom i won against those games were an incredible amount of fun and i cannot wait for our eventual rematches! well played!

special thanks to Zot and Silverclawgrizzly for indulging me with some matches after the tourney was over, i learned a ton by seeing some of your seasoned approaches to this game and i cant wait to build some new books with some of the interesting tricks ive learned from you both! Great play and sportsmanship all around and a fantastic experience i look forward to repeating next year. Well played!!

And it was just plain fantastic to meet all of you even if we didnt get to play a match together, Sharkey, biblofilter, sailor vulcan, littlenog, jemilia, josh, DaveW, puddnhead, and anyone i may have forgotten, i sincerely thank you all for your respective parts in the best time ive had in years! I cant wait to do it all over again next year! thank you all once again and well played all around!!!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Gen con tournament was awesome!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 04:37:08 AM »
+1

:)

Now you made me come again next year - even if im quite broke after this years trips.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Gen con tournament was awesome!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 08:02:01 AM »
Romeo you fought like a true gentlemen and with the skill of a champion. Your presence greatly benefited our event and we most certainly look forward to seeing you next year. There are so many more matches for you to test yourself against. You did not fight Jimillia or Larrick did you?

Biblofilter: You have to be there next year as I've re-named the event "The Annual Can Anybody BeaT Biblo Event?" For two years in a row you've shown up and dominated like a titan. However there were many times this year you got by on the skin of your teeth friend. I have to say the competition is getting strong enough to rock even you.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.