May 07, 2024, 11:35:43 AM

Author Topic: Do Altar of Carnage work on counterstrike?  (Read 6660 times)

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Do Altar of Carnage work on counterstrike?
« on: October 14, 2014, 06:34:23 AM »
[mwcard=MXSTX2FFJ02] Altar of Carnage[/mwcard]

Do you receive 1 mana for one of your spawnpoints/familiars if one of your creatures counterstrikes and damages another creature? Or only when you use an action marker to perform an attack?

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

zorro

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Do Altar of Carnage work on counterstrike?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2014, 06:41:33 AM »
[mwcard=MW1I02] Battle Fury[/mwcard] states that "the next time the target creature makes a melee attack, and this attack is not a counterstrike[....]" so i supose that counterstrike are attacks...
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
I think as long as it is an Attack that starts with the Declare Attack step then it counts. Thus the limiter of triggering once per soldier per round.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2014, 10:41:56 AM »
Yes, you do receive a mana if one of your soldier creatures counterstrikes and damages another creature. However, the limit of once per creature per round still applies. So, you can't use counterstrikes to get multiple mana triggers out of one creature. You could also get mana from doing a ranged attack, a zone attack, a doublestrike, triplestrike, or a sweeping attack. In these instances, you still have the limit of once per creature per round, however, which makes the last three pretty rare but still possible thanks to factors such as Daze and Defenses. Like sIKE said, basically if you Declare an attack, it counts as an attack.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2014, 01:09:11 PM »
Profesor Zuberi! :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2014, 01:25:45 PM »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2014, 01:31:42 PM »
Yes, you do receive a mana if one of your soldier creatures counterstrikes and damages another creature. However, the limit of once per creature per round still applies. So, you can't use counterstrikes to get multiple mana triggers out of one creature. You could also get mana from doing a ranged attack, a zone attack, a doublestrike, triplestrike, or a sweeping attack. In these instances, you still have the limit of once per creature per round, however, which makes the last three pretty rare but still possible thanks to factors such as Daze and Defenses. Like sIKE said, basically if you Declare an attack, it counts as an attack.

It is once per round but you must also do damage. So if it failed to do damage you could get the trigger later in the round.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage