May 07, 2024, 07:51:40 PM

Author Topic: Newbie questions  (Read 6628 times)

Ovichsan

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Newbie questions
« on: April 03, 2014, 09:29:07 PM »
New to the game. Just some basic questions that I can't find in rule book

1.  Are there limits to the amount of objects that can exist in the same zone.  Not counting zone exclusivity.

2. The Beast Masters special ability says he can summon as a quick spell , a creature per round. Does this creature have to come from the 2 cards picked in the planning phase or is it taken directly from the spell book ? 

That's it.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie questions
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 10:14:08 PM »
1) No, as long as it's not zone exclusive, there can be as many in the zone as you want.

2) Yes, it has to come from the 2 cards selected.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2014, 11:58:03 PM »
1) There's no limit to the amount of objects that can exist in the same zone, however you can not have duplicate Conjurations or duplicate Enchantments attached to the same zone, even if they are not Zone Exclusive.

2) Yes, it has to be one of the two cards you planned and it has to be a level 1 animal.

Ovichsan

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 09:59:02 AM »
Thanks ! 

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:33:26 PM »
My friend and I had a game where I had so many creatures that we did not have enough room in the square.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »
Lord and Zuberi are correct.

8)
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

auronvi

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 01:35:19 PM »
My friend and I had a game where I had so many creatures that we did not have enough room in the square.

Yeah, that happens sometimes. I feel like 6 creatures fit nicely in a square but once you go over that, it becomes a mess! A glorious, glorious mess!
"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 02:40:46 PM »

Yeah, I had game with two swarm spellbooks at once and that got pretty messy, but I like those games the most. There is a lot of action going on and it feels like a true battle is happening.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"