Mage Wars > Events

GENCON 2019 ARENA TOURNAMENT!

<< < (2/6) > >>

wtcannonjr:
One thought about encouraging the Kill style victory. Consider increasing the points awarded for a Kill from 3 to say 4 or 5. This provides a tournament incentive for players to create spellbooks and strategies around killing the mage.

Good luck with the tournament!

DaveW:

--- Quote from: wtcannonjr on June 07, 2019, 07:05:10 AM ---One thought about encouraging the Kill style victory. Consider increasing the points awarded for a Kill from 3 to say 4 or 5. This provides a tournament incentive for players to create spellbooks and strategies around killing the mage.

Good luck with the tournament!

--- End quote ---

I would think that the 0-2 point draw disincentive would be enough.

It's about time someone took this kind of judging standard seriously. When I proposed using judges to adjudicate the matches at round end, it was met with derision with people saying that it couldn't be done....

Brian VanAlstyne:
I don't recall people saying it couldn't be done. I just don't think it's the best way to judge a game. Even talking to the players won't give you a complete idea how the game would play out. This becomes very subjective to the judges playstyles and how they think a game would go. They might be right a majority of the time, but it's not an absolute. Life remaining still remains the best way to judge a tie to me.

Reddicediaries:

--- Quote from: DevilsVendetta on June 07, 2019, 05:30:47 PM ---I don't recall people saying it couldn't be done. I just don't think it's the best way to judge a game. Even talking to the players won't give you a complete idea how the game would play out. This becomes very subjective to the judges playstyles and how they think a game would go. They might be right a majority of the time, but it's not an absolute. Life remaining still remains the best way to judge a tie to me.

--- End quote ---

Disagree strongly about life remaining being the best method of judging. Life remaining means very little; it doesn't take into potential or anything like this.

jacksmack:

--- Quote from: DevilsVendetta on June 07, 2019, 05:30:47 PM ---Life remaining still remains the best way to judge a tie to me.

--- End quote ---

Could not disagree more...

Vs a control book its completely normal to forfeit a game where you have more or less 0 damage while the opponent (typically wizard) can be between 20 and 31 damage... simply because you ran out of options to do damage to him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version