May 05, 2024, 02:01:42 AM

Author Topic: ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament  (Read 199874 times)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
Re: ADMW Winter Special - OCTGN Tournament
« Reply #345 on: June 03, 2017, 09:03:25 AM »
Hey Mystery! I think the dispel strategy is sound and i thought i mentioned it in the first part of the video. Parkdeck wanted to try a different route which is always good data to see. That route was  massive passive healing. Rather than repeat he should dispel for a few hours i wanted to see the positive part of what he was doing.  Powlich may have been ready for the dispels since ghoul rot is not exacrty a new strategy. I think if he went dispel the whole game would be different and it is then very tough to say the outcome. It looks to me that needing to work out a way to deal with finite life is a big problem with parkdeck, as he can heal more passively then the ghoul rots could damage.

• Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 03, 2017, 09:57:10 AM »
Love the community and tho I have not been a part of the community for very long I disagree on the activity of the community.

I think it's pretty strong and I enjoy the different tournament formats arcane duels are doing and trying out.  I don't mind the commentating and enjoy the positivity.  I feel that the positivity will help along with critiques from players to learn and make better choices. 

As far as entertainment level I feel Coshade does an awesome job.  I also want to stress the awesome work all three Coshade, Sharkbait, and Puddinhead have done for the community.  It might not come out on a consistent basis but it's still really good and entertaining.  Thanks arcane duels!!!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 10:18:40 AM by farkas1 »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

keejchen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 03, 2017, 10:42:35 AM »
Wise man once said:

Most people are finishing up school, have large workloads, or are very busy. Mage Wars is doing fine, no need to spread fear mongering.
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15033.0

Every year people cry wolf and panic. MW came out less than 5 years ago. The game is not dying, it's still growing, we might not have hit critical mass yet, but it's up to all of us to keep it growing and get there.

Anywho, I think Powlich's post was buried by the discussion; we are still looking for a judge for tomorrow, if possible.
  • Favourite Mage: Sortilege Wizard

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 03, 2017, 04:55:05 PM »
Well Bilblo, Drefan, and Mystery did not compete in the tourney. And in some order, they are the three top dogs in mage wars ATM imo.

I think the entire expanded Charlotte community may take exception to this. I'd put our top 3, whether that's Ben, Millie, Mambo, Larrick, Sarah, and/or myself against those 3.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 03, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »
Well Bilblo, Drefan, and Mystery did not compete in the tourney. And in some order, they are the three top dogs in mage wars ATM imo.

I think the entire expanded Charlotte community may take exception to this. I'd put our top 3, whether that's Ben, Millie, Mambo, Larrick, Sarah, and/or myself against those 3.
Ok so there are 3 favorites + 6 Charlotte pros plus the guys from arcane duels themselves all not competing.  If you manage to get them all together to one tournament that would upgrade some level ;)

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 03, 2017, 05:16:21 PM »

Ok so there are 3 favorites + 6 Charlotte pros plus the guys from arcane duels themselves all not competing.  If you manage to get them all together to one tournament that would upgrade some level ;)

Nah. I suck.

I would also love it if the Charlotte boasters would play on OCTGN and prove their prowess.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 03, 2017, 05:38:25 PM »
Oh would you Puddin? Well here I am making a promise in front of the forums: I Benjamin "SilverclawGrizzly" Burton and I hereby declare I am not only entering the next OCTGN tournament, I AM GOING TO WIN IT!!!! 8)

That Charlotte Boasted enough for ya?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 09:14:37 PM by silverclawgrizzly »
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • Out of the ashes, a new power will rise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 03, 2017, 06:11:33 PM »
Oh would you Puddin? Well here I am making a promise in front of the forums: I Benjamin "SilverclawGrizzly" Burton and I hereby declare I am not enteringvtge next OCTGN tournament, I AM GOING TO WIN IT!!!! 8)

Your going on OCTGN!!!!???
My persistance paid off! ;)
Or is this some joke? :o
« Last Edit: June 03, 2017, 06:17:52 PM by Reddicediaries »
The Phoenix shall rise.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 03, 2017, 06:16:01 PM »

Shark competed in ADMW WS.
And at Gen con, at least a couple Charlotteers are entering as well as Coshade, Shark, Biblo, Zot, and some St. Loius people.
The Phoenix shall rise.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 03, 2017, 06:30:45 PM »
Oh would you Puddin? Well here I am making a promise in front of the forums: I Benjamin "SilverclawGrizzly" Burton and I hereby declare I am not enteringvtge next OCTGN tournament, I AM GOING TO WIN IT!!!! 8)

Shark and Puddin drive down to Mace. I can play online to prove Charlottes mettle.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 03, 2017, 06:33:26 PM »

Shark and Puddin drive down to Mace. I can play online to prove Charlottes mettle.
Just a smile. :)
We must duel some day!
The Phoenix shall rise.

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 03, 2017, 08:38:05 PM »
Wise man once said:

Most people are finishing up school, have large workloads, or are very busy. Mage Wars is doing fine, no need to spread fear mongering.
http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15033.0

Every year people cry wolf and panic. MW came out less than 5 years ago. The game is not dying, it's still growing, we might not have hit critical mass yet, but it's up to all of us to keep it growing and get there.

Anywho, I think Powlich's post was buried by the discussion; we are still looking for a judge for tomorrow, if possible.

Keejchen and Powlich I can cover your match, I might be a few minutes late.  My internet doesn't upgrade until tomorrow so I won't  be able to stream it, sorry folks.  However, I will post it as soon as I can after it is completed.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 04, 2017, 04:03:29 PM »
I'd like to request an upgrade of the list of what mages has been used.

KR

Reddicediaries

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 04, 2017, 04:42:43 PM »

I'm sure the matches would be epic!
Both sides have really good players. Although mystery is something else. ;)
The Phoenix shall rise.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 04, 2017, 04:59:54 PM »
Oh would you Puddin? Well here I am making a promise in front of the forums: I Benjamin "SilverclawGrizzly" Burton and I hereby declare I am not only entering the next OCTGN tournament, I AM GOING TO WIN IT!!!! 8)

Hey grizzly that would be awesome! As far as I know from this forum, you are mainly strong with your beastmaster. Be aware that in this tournament (and I guess future ones will be the same) you have to play s lot of different mages.