May 03, 2024, 06:56:20 AM

Author Topic: Enchantment Transfusion Tricks  (Read 5401 times)

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Enchantment Transfusion Tricks
« on: February 17, 2014, 08:49:47 PM »
Enchantment Transfusion is one of the trickiest spells in the game, and I keep learning more uses for it as I read old threads.  I decided it would be nice to collect all the tricks in one place and you veterans can inform me of any I missed.

1) Move enchants (or curses) off a dying creature onto a new one to get extra use out of enchants.  (I'm guessing this was the intended use judging from the artwork)

2) Stack curses on yourself when out of range of the enemy then transfer them all at once for a burst of aggression.  (A favorite of the ooze pit master)

3) Zip a reverse magic/attack from a nearby creature onto your mage to only counter a "real" spell as it's being cast.

4) Move an enchantment that is being dispelled to cancel the dispel.

5) Move an enchantment mid round to get two uses out of it in the same turn.  Cheetah speed, mongoose evasion, and eagle wings are all great.

Any more?

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Enchantment Transfusion Tricks
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:02:24 PM »
Theoretically you could use it to avoid magebind costs, although the only way to make it worthwhile would be to move a whole bunch of already-revealed level 1 enchantments that have magebind costs all at once, so I'm not sure it would ever be very efficient.

DrunkenSaint

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:19:43 PM »
the mage bind thing comes in handy when moving the large groups of curses, always take a sec to figure out which ones are worth revealing first :D

pete2

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2014, 05:53:47 AM »
so..the enchantment transfusion resolves before the dispel ? cool !
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Battlehamster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 11:41:50 PM »
How about moving Mind Control away from a creature before it gets dispelled. The first creature gets stunned, the spell is wasted and you get to control another critter. Win-win-win!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 12:42:27 AM »
Except that [mwcard=FWE07]Mind Control[/mwcard] says specifically that it can not be moved to another target.

Battlehamster

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2014, 07:52:44 AM »
Well dang, guess I needed to read it more carefully.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
One other use for Enchantment Transfusion is to quickly transform one of your creatures just prior to an attack. (This presumes your Mage is relying on creatures for the attack more than himself.) You could load up Mongoose Agility, Cheetah Speed, and Bear Strength (for example) on your mage in prior turns, and then pop the Enchantment Transfusion to move all of them to a large creature closer to the target (presumably the opposing Mage). Your opponent wouldn't get to dispel them before your creature attacks, making the creature very strong, able to attack from two zones away, and able to ignore any creatures in the way (including guards).

so..the enchantment transfusion resolves before the dispel ? cool !

Yes. I learned this the hard way. I paid for a Purge Magic and then found out that there weren't any spells left to remove after he transferred them to one of his creatures.

The way around this is to put a Seeking Dispel on a Mage Wand, and dispel one enchantment at a time. If you get lucky, you hit the Enchantment Transfusion. If not, then your opponent has to decide whether it is worth expending the ET to keep you from dispelling the face down enchantment. For real fun, first do a Seeking Dispel, and then the Purge Magic. If he only moved the one spell you eliminate all of the others, or you can try to Purge the creature he put the enchantments on if they are move en masse.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2014, 09:08:34 PM »
Man I love Enchantment Transfusion! I try put at least 1 in any non-Warlord spellbook. You never know when you are going to need one. Very versatile and powerful spell to say the least.
"See you space cowboy..."

Vargtass

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 12:37:47 PM »
Is that a choise you make based on your warlord having very few enchantments or because it costs him 3 instead of 2 points in most cases? It seems like just adding a single ET to a warlord spellbook adds a ton of utility for only one point more than a force master or druid would pay.

I have just begun to realize the value of this card and if Im building a spellbook that already has a block, reverse attack, nullify, or something like that in it I will consider both 2 or 3 points for that amount of utility worthwile.