May 13, 2024, 06:36:38 AM

Author Topic: Reverse Attack and Taunt and Deffence  (Read 4507 times)

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Reverse Attack and Taunt and Deffence
« on: January 23, 2013, 10:45:22 AM »
When attack is reversed, is the attacker allowed to use it's deffence?

And if Sosruko's attack is reversed, does it Taunt itself? And if so, can creature attack itself? (it would make no sense, but just want to make sure)
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Attack and Taunt and Deffence
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 12:02:15 AM »
Reverse Attack says that you reveal it during the Avoid Attack Step, but it doesn't say that the attack is avoided, so the Avoid Attack Step technically hasn't ended yet, which means that you should be able to use your defense.

There is nothing that says Sosruko can't Taunt himself.

If you can Reverse Attack a melee attack from an animal, I see no reason why a creature couldn't attack itself.
After all, it's not that hard to hit yourself...

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:21:51 AM »
and taunt yourself? LOL

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 11:40:49 PM »
Quote from: "krj" post=6726
and taunt yourself? LOL

When you've had a bit, and there's a mirror next to you...

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2013, 06:29:06 PM »
This is the wording we are looking at for Taunt

If the creature being Taunted is in the same zone as Taunting creature, then it must melee attack the Taunter if able. If the creature being Taunted is in a zone adjacent to Taunting creature, then it must move into its Taunter’s zone, or make a ranged attack against the Taunter, if able. It does this even if it may not be able to make a melee attack after moving towards the enemy. Taunt does not work on creatures with psychic immunity.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 07:21:07 AM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=6809

If the creature being Taunted is in the same zone as Taunting creature, then it must melee attack the Taunter if able. If the creature being Taunted is in a zone adjacent to Taunting creature, then it must move into its Taunter’s zone, or make a ranged attack against the Taunter, if able. It does this even if it may not be able to make a melee attack after moving towards the enemy. Taunt does not work on creatures with psychic immunity.

Is this the new wording? In rulebook there is nothing about creature being forced to chase taunter.

And - is creature able to attack itself?
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."

residualshade

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 11:50:45 AM »
Quote from: "Gewar" post=6832

Is this the new wording? In rulebook there is nothing about creature being forced to chase taunter.

creatures can attack themselves. if they couldn't reverse attack wouldn't work.

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
Quote from: "Drealin" post=6720
There is nothing that says Sosruko can't Taunt himself.

Other than the fact that it makes no sense at all :-)

Barring a contrary ruling I would suggest that creatures can't be the target of their own Taunts.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 12:30:37 PM »

@ Gewar   Like I said this is one of the rule wording updates we had been looking at for the upcoming sets. You may ask yourself why? :whistle:
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2013, 12:35:42 PM »
Quote from: "Shad0w" post=6850

@ Gewar   Like I said this is one of the rule wording updates we had been looking at for the upcoming sets. You may ask yourself why? :whistle:

New taunter? Ranged maybe?
Balance boost for taunt?
Hit and Run ability?

Will there be simmilar update for bloodthirsty?