May 10, 2024, 11:09:38 PM

Author Topic: New PvS expansion questions  (Read 2288 times)

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
New PvS expansion questions
« on: November 18, 2016, 10:02:31 PM »
So just received my copy! Couple questions I received a separate bag of extra promos and alternate art work on mages. 2 mages were left out priestess and orc warlord. One idk I was getting this at all so I can't complain but was there suppose to be a whole set? Rules question does resolute aura give friendly creatures both tough -2 and armor +2? The wording confused me. Then for terrains can there only be one at a time in a zone? The rule example explains payment to replace and describes 2 terrains being in a zone and how to pay but not what happens to coexist. Sorry if these have been answered already. But man this expansion looks awesome! Good work arcane wonders!

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: New PvS expansion questions
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2016, 10:10:06 PM »
Forgot about male warlock too. But hey the artwork is fantastic and thanks for the pleasant surprise! Wow I always feel like a little kid and giddy opening new expansion and smell and feel of new cards!

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2016, 11:21:14 PM »
Congrats on the bonus alternate art! I don't think it is intended to be a complete set, but I'm not sure.

1) Resolute Aura gives the tough -2 to all creatures but it only gives the armor to the creatures that are NOT the Paladin.  To put it another way, all friendly creatures in the zone gain both of the Aura's benefits except for the Paladin who only gets the Tough -2

2) Only one Terrain conjuration may occupy a zone at a time. Most terrain is Iindestructible and can only be removed by replacing it with a different terrain. In order to do this you must pay the cost in mana of the terrain that you are replacing in addition to the cost of the terrain that you wish to place in that zone. In the rules example, the Shallow Sea (a terrain) has a whirlpool (Not a terrain)  attached to it. The whirlpool increases the cost to replace the shallow sea by its own mana cost. The replacing terrain is elephant grass.

Hope that helps!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

atljr17

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2016, 11:32:30 PM »
Thanks puddnhead! Yea so was that bonus pack just random? And yes now I understand those rules now.  Coshade and you do great work! Watched all your reviews on the set but now have forgotten all your combo suggestions haha. Hope to see you on octgn! Thanks again!

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 07:15:09 AM »
Congrats on the bonus alternate art! I don't think it is intended to be a complete set, but I'm not sure.

1) Resolute Aura gives the tough -2 to all creatures but it only gives the armor to the creatures that are NOT the Paladin.  To put it another way, all friendly creatures in the zone gain both of the Aura's benefits except for the Paladin who only gets the Tough -2

2) Only one Terrain conjuration may occupy a zone at a time. Most terrain is Iindestructible and can only be removed by replacing it with a different terrain. In order to do this you must pay the cost in mana of the terrain that you are replacing in addition to the cost of the terrain that you wish to place in that zone. In the rules example, the Shallow Sea (a terrain) has a whirlpool (Not a terrain)  attached to it. The whirlpool increases the cost to replace the shallow sea by its own mana cost. The replacing terrain is elephant grass.

Hope that helps!

I think I would clarify this to say " only one Terrain conjuration can be Attached to a zone."

Some conjurations can be attached to Terrain which leads to the example of stacked conjurations. The key is to read the target line of the spell.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin