May 10, 2024, 10:27:15 AM

Author Topic: Do ring bonuses stack on enchantments?  (Read 3303 times)

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Do ring bonuses stack on enchantments?
« on: December 18, 2013, 10:04:47 PM »
This has probably been covered somewhere else, but I can't find it:
The enchanter's ring grants the casting mage a 1 mana discount when casting an enchantment once per turn, but it doesn't specify whether this is to the casting or reveal cost, so I assume it's to the casting cost.

The ring of curses and force ring (and maybe some other rings I'm not thinking about right now) specifically say that they give bonuses once per turn to specific types of spells, and if the spells are enchantments they only get the bonus to the reveal cost.

So could a warlock wearing both an enchanter's ring and a ring of curses get a 1 mana discount to the casting cost of an enchantment curse and a 1 mana discount to the reveal cost of an enchantment curse in the same turn?

webcatcher

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Do ring bonuses stack on enchantments?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 10:09:28 PM »
No, wait, enchanter's ring says it has to be a friendly creature. Same question, but only for the force ring.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 10:11:58 PM »
If he were casting the Enchantment on a Friendly Creature he would get the 1 point discount. When that Enchantment was revealed and that Enchantment were a curse he would get a further 1 point discount.

This is one of the Warlock favorites: Enchanters Ring + Fireshaper Ring....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 01:28:56 PM »
The enchanter's ring grants the casting mage a 1 mana discount when casting an enchantment once per turn, but it doesn't specify whether this is to the casting or reveal cost, so I assume it's to the casting cost.

The ring of curses and force ring (and maybe some other rings I'm not thinking about right now) specifically say that they give bonuses once per turn to specific types of spells, and if the spells are enchantments they only get the bonus to the reveal cost.

So could a warlock wearing both an enchanter's ring and a ring of curses get a 1 mana discount to the casting cost of an enchantment curse and a 1 mana discount to the reveal cost of an enchantment curse in the same turn?

First, Enchanter Ring says when you cast an enchantment. Casting an enhantment is paying 2 mana and puttig it facedown. Revealing an enhantment is not casting it. New players often make this mistake.

Second, Enchanter Ring discount is only for enchantment casted on friendly target. So warlock would not get the discount by putting a curse on an enemy creature.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 02:53:37 PM »

First, Enchanter Ring says when you cast an enchantment. Casting an enhantment is paying 2 mana and puttig it facedown. Revealing an enhantment is not casting it. New players often make this mistake.

Second, Enchanter Ring discount is only for enchantment casted on friendly target. So warlock would not get the discount by putting a curse on an enemy creature.

If this is the wording then Wild is correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »
You can have Ring of Asyra and Enchanters ring on a priestess.

Priestess casting healing charm on a friendly creature would look like this:
Casting cost = 2 -1 = 1
Reveal cost = 3 -1 = 2

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2013, 05:34:43 PM »
You can have Ring of Asyra and Enchanters ring on a priestess.

Priestess casting healing charm on a friendly creature would look like this:
Casting cost = 2 -1 = 1
Reveal cost = 3 -1 = 2

If the wording affects cast and reveal.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2013, 07:01:04 PM »
Enchanter's Ring affects casting enchantments, and Ring of Asyra affects revealing enchantments.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »
Enchanter's Ring affects casting enchantments, and Ring of Asyra affects revealing enchantments.

Thanks on late shift at work so no cards