May 16, 2024, 10:20:17 PM

Author Topic: Arena core set mages vs Hogwarts houses  (Read 1597 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Arena core set mages vs Hogwarts houses
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:33:29 AM »
I've thought a bit about what houses at Hogwarts the core set mages would be in. I have concluded that

Priestess=Hufflepuff (but with a bit of Gryffindor)
Warlock=Slytherin
Beastmaster=Gryffindor (but with a bit of Hufflepuff)
Wizard=Ravenclaw

Isn't it interesting how these sorts of factions in fantasy literature and games always seems to correspond with high school cliques?

Hufflepuff=preps
Ravenclaw=nerds
Gryffindor=jocks
Slytherin=goths

What are your thoughts on this?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

KaneKalos

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Arena core set mages vs Hogwarts houses
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2015, 01:04:39 PM »
Without thinking about it too much, I agree with you, though I'd like you to give reasons why for each, especially between the Gryffindor/Hufflepuff match ups (I believe the other two are fairly obvious.). For me I see the Beastmaster being associated with Gryffindor because they both have the attributes of fiercely protecting the things they love and stand for (Harry with his friends, Beastmasters with Straywood/Johktari.) I don't remember much about Hufflepuff (I believe Cedric was Hufflepuff? Correct me if I'm wrong.), but Cedric's noble sacrifice seems pretty in line with Preistess.

I apologize for all my incorrect Harry Potter references, it's been awhile.  :P
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
Heitai-san wa yukande; itsudemo kimi no soba ni iru.