May 17, 2024, 12:35:54 PM

Author Topic: Poison Gas cloud Necromancer  (Read 4361 times)

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Poison Gas cloud Necromancer
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:54:43 PM »
Any tips and strategies on using Poison Gas Cloud on Necromancer?

Felix_s_Becker

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Poison Gas cloud Necromancer
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 06:58:54 AM »
You want do have the opposing Mage not being able to get out of the cloud once you cast it. Also its convenient to stack your dots if you go for it. There are some nasty combinations such as: [mwcard=MW1J18]Poison Gas Cloud[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard] in their Zone combined with [mwcard=MW1E19]Ghoul Rot[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1J11]Idol of Pestilence[/mwcard]. To stop them from geting out of the Zone you use [mwcard=DNJ10]Stranglevine[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1J22]Tanglevine[/mwcard] or my favourite [mwcard=FWE04]Force Crush[/mwcard]. Dont forget to add [mwcard=MW1E31]Poisoned Blood[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1J19]Deathlock[/mwcard] so they cant heal. A [mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard] to prevent them from teleporting away is also important. also look at other curses like [mwcard=MW1E24]Magebane[/mwcard] for additional dot. In an ideal scenario you do about 9 damage per turn this way and you can still attack with [mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard]. Note that it is very mana intensive to set this up and also [mwcard=FWE04]Force Crush[/mwcard] has an upkeep of 4. These are the basic spells one should consider for this Type of playstyle i will leave it to you to figure out how to do your opening, since this also depends on your enemy etc. Just bring an additional copy or two of  [mwcard=MW1J18]Poison Gas Cloud[/mwcard] to be able to cast it once the opposing mage got out of the first one  ;D . Movement Control is very important in this playstyle so make sure you bring plenty of [mwcard=MW1I28]Teleport[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1I12]Force Push[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1E23]Jinx[/mwcard] and perhaps a [mwcard=MW1E38]Teleport Trap[/mwcard]. Also since you wont have many creatures you need to protect yourself from the enemy creatures bashing on you, since you wont have guards. So bring an Armor and something like [mwcard=MW1E02]Block[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]Brace Yourself[/mwcard]. You will also need to bring a finisher to deal spiked damage in the form of [mwcard=FWA04]Hurl Boulder[/mwcard] or a good old [mwcard=MW1A04]Fireball[/mwcard]. 2 of these should finish an enemy mage that has about 10 hp left. Have fun i think its a fun playstyle, although i hate playing against it  :P
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 07:39:10 AM by Felix_s_Becker »

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 08:29:41 AM »
What I've found is that by the time you spend all the spell points required for all this ^^ stuff, you don't have a lot left over for, say, Zombies + spawnpoint + equipment + standard utility spells (Dissolves, Dispels, Nullify, Block, Force Push, etc) - especially with each Poison Gas Cloud costing your Necromancer 4 sbp's.  Malcoda + Ghoul Rot + Idol of Pestilence (with Deathlock or Poisoned Blood) serves me well and is less dependent on keeping the enemy mage/creatures stationary, and they're all in-school.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 08:31:15 AM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 08:57:49 AM »
[mwcard=MW1E38]Teleport Trap[/mwcard] can teleport your prey into a corner with walls, because it doesnt need LoS. Then you will not believe how effective can [mwcard=DNC04]Grey Wraith[/mwcard] be, when they maitain order (lower attack dice) of your enemy mage and making it difficuilt to move away from this prison.

Also, you can make [mwcard=MW1C08]Darkfenne Bat[/mwcard] with [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] a very efficient delivery boy (bat) with lot of curses thx to the flying and LoS to prisoned mage.

I must say, that better prison mage is wizard but necromancer will also do :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 05:19:45 PM »
[mwcard=MW1E38]Teleport Trap[/mwcard] can teleport your prey into a corner with walls, because it doesnt need LoS. Then you will not believe how effective can [mwcard=DNC04]Grey Wraith[/mwcard] be, when they maitain order (lower attack dice) of your enemy mage and making it difficuilt to move away from this prison.

I must say, that better prison mage is wizard but necromancer will also do :)
I had faced warlord and got 6 weaks on him with my Grey Wraith but since it's nonspell attacks he pummeled me down with Hurl Boulders.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:17:27 PM »
You want do have the opposing Mage not being able to get out of the cloud once you cast it. Also its convenient to stack your dots if you go for it. There are some nasty combinations such as: [mwcard=MW1J18]Poison Gas Cloud[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard] in their Zone combined with [mwcard=MW1E19]Ghoul Rot[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1J11]Idol of Pestilence[/mwcard]. To stop them from geting out of the Zone you use [mwcard=DNJ10]Stranglevine[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1J22]Tanglevine[/mwcard] or my favourite [mwcard=FWE04]Force Crush[/mwcard]. Dont forget to add [mwcard=MW1E31]Poisoned Blood[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MW1J19]Deathlock[/mwcard] so they cant heal. A [mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard] to prevent them from teleporting away is also important. also look at other curses like [mwcard=MW1E24]Magebane[/mwcard] for additional dot. In an ideal scenario you do about 9 damage per turn this way and you can still attack with [mwcard=MW1C23]Malacoda[/mwcard]. Note that it is very mana intensive to set this up and also [mwcard=FWE04]Force Crush[/mwcard] has an upkeep of 4. These are the basic spells one should consider for this Type of playstyle i will leave it to you to figure out how to do your opening, since this also depends on your enemy etc. Just bring an additional copy or two of  [mwcard=MW1J18]Poison Gas Cloud[/mwcard] to be able to cast it once the opposing mage got out of the first one  ;D . Movement Control is very important in this playstyle so make sure you bring plenty of [mwcard=MW1I28]Teleport[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1I12]Force Push[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1E29]Nullify[/mwcard], [mwcard=MW1E23]Jinx[/mwcard] and perhaps a [mwcard=MW1E38]Teleport Trap[/mwcard]. Also since you wont have many creatures you need to protect yourself from the enemy creatures bashing on you, since you wont have guards. So bring an Armor and something like [mwcard=MW1E02]Block[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE04]Brace Yourself[/mwcard]. You will also need to bring a finisher to deal spiked damage in the form of [mwcard=FWA04]Hurl Boulder[/mwcard] or a good old [mwcard=MW1A04]Fireball[/mwcard]. 2 of these should finish an enemy mage that has about 10 hp left. Have fun i think its a fun playstyle, although i hate playing against it  :P

I like your thinking. very detailed.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:43 PM »

Also, you can make [mwcard=MW1C08]Darkfenne Bat[/mwcard] with [mwcard=MWSTX1CKE04]Enchantment Transfusion[/mwcard] a very efficient delivery boy (bat) with lot of curses thx to the flying and LoS to prisoned mage.

Can't you cast the enchantment directly?

klaymen

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2015, 10:40:54 PM »
No, because Boocheck was talking about teleporting the enemy mage into a walled-off corner. Then you don't have LoS to the enemy mage and hence the Darkfenne Bat + Enchantment Transfusion.

Phillus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 03:20:13 PM »
Any reason to put 4 gasclouds?