May 03, 2024, 10:07:36 AM

Author Topic: Another Teleport thread  (Read 2663 times)

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Another Teleport thread
« on: March 31, 2017, 07:38:06 PM »
Alright I know this has been talked about many times here on the forums, but I feel this is still being played wrong or I have been playing it wrong.  I only post this because I could not get the old thread on teleport, it appears to have dissipated.

I have played two games where this situation came up with two different opponents.  The Mage casting teleport and the target are in the same zone,  the target is being teleported three zones away.  Is this legal?   I thought the range was limited to two zones away from the mage casting it, which means it would only be a maximum of 2 zones away.  I just want to get a little clarification on it and then be able to site a thread that is still available if this is disputed.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Another Teleport thread
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2017, 07:41:13 PM »
That is correct. A teleport has a range of zero to two. If all participant's are in the same zone the maximum allowable teleport distance is two zones away from the current zone.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 07:44:36 PM »
If one were to step out of the zone then they could get away with "travelling" 3 zones total. But outside of divine intervention teleporting a whole board away is rare.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2017, 07:48:39 PM »
Ok thanks.  I will refer any contradictions to the rule to this thread. 

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2017, 08:15:26 PM »
The effect called "teleport" has no range limits and requires no line of sight, but spells can put such limits on it. The Incantation spell called "[mwcard=MW1I28]Teleport[/mwcard]" requires you to target the destination zone (in addition to the creature being teleported), meaning that it has to be within 2 zones of the caster and the caster needs to have line of sight. This requirement is stated in the casting bar at the top of the spell. You target a creature within 2 zones and you target a zone within 2 zones, and then per the text of the card "Target creature is teleported to the target zone."

I'm 90% sure you were talking about the Incantation, but I felt it was important to make the distinction anyways.

farkas1

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2017, 08:27:17 PM »
thanks Zuberi.

Yep I was talking about the incantation teleport. Yea the range is right on the card I just think some people are thrown off on the limit because of some of these nuisances regarding the card and the definition of teleport.   

Good to make all references available because the original link or thread to teleport questions was not opening.
 I do think several links about the blue gremlin were still up.  It does help with the other ?s about teleport which may help.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 08:37:11 PM by farkas1 »

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »
Congrats Romeo! A sticker for you!