May 03, 2024, 03:40:14 AM

Author Topic: Player without the initiative, last stand  (Read 2989 times)

Deatheux

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Player without the initiative, last stand
« on: March 02, 2013, 02:52:22 PM »
knowing the rule book p.12 -Action Phase, knowing the Advantage granted to have the initiative, and knowing the advantage to have more creature than the other player,my question is:

do, not having the Initiative grants you the LAST ACTION in the turn?
i.e.

i am a solo mage(no creature in play, d'uh) vs. a beastmaster with 3 creatures in play. the beastmaster have the Initiative.

action 1, ini player BM uses his QC spell and activates a wolf
action 1, Warlock passes
action 2, ini player BM activates a grizzly
**regarding the ruling, NOW the Warlock could NO LONGER PASSES the turn due to the fact that the BM and the Warlock have the same number of creature active...**
Action 2, Do the Warlock CAN benifit the "advantage" to pass and have the last word in the last action step
**note that at the start of the 2nd action step the BM have more creatures to activate**
then it would bw, Action 3, ini player BM activates himself....
AND, action 3 Warlock MUST close the round actions by activating himself and using the QC

in my point of view, it is only LOGIC, but in the rulebook it is written otherwise REGARDLESS of the ini player.

CAN I ASK to a moderator if the advantage of a solo mage without the initiative of closing the round action is legit or NOT?

thx,

Deatheux

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Player without the initiative, last stand
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 07:19:56 AM »
If I understand you correctly, regardless of who has the initiative, it is only legal to pass your action when your opponent has more unactivated creatures than you do.  This means that you are correct, you could not pass in 'action phase 2' as at that point, both you and your opponent have one unactivated creature (both your mages) and it is your action...

Deatheux

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 06:23:59 PM »
thx men, that sucks, cuz it mess my forcemaster build, it TOTALLY mess up the buit in fact.

Sausageman

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 07:39:50 AM »
Well, having the initiative is, as with most games, as often a detriment as it is a benefit.
If you're playing with the Forcemaster though, try a Thoughtspore or Invisible Stalker.  They'll even the odds, and are excellent :)