May 02, 2024, 10:53:54 PM

Author Topic: Lose Flying(by specific goal)  (Read 2941 times)

Deatheux

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Lose Flying(by specific goal)
« on: February 22, 2013, 09:21:25 PM »
Hi, lets say that i move a flying Creature 2 spaces, right behind a wall. on the other side of that wall there is rival creature wit a range attack. can i declare my flying creature as NON-Flying(note that i CAN'T use the guard since i aleready move 2 spaces, as specified later on) before the end of his action phase? to avoid the possible ranged attack...

on page 19(of the rulebook), i did not see the possibility to 'make that move' neither that this technic is 'illegal' but sometimes, strategically thinking, it MAY a good way to conterfeint some appproach.

thx, Deatheux aka Inokichi Chiaki -san

BlueByLiquid

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Flying(by specific goal)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 10:28:11 PM »
You can't simply declare a creature is non-flying (unless I am misunderstanding your comment). There isn't a reason you couldn't cast a spell on it that makes it non flying if your mage is on the destination side of the wall or if you are on the starting side of the wall make it a fast creature and then you would have the step to guard and make the creature non-flying as you mentioned or you could cast the enchantement on the creature and then reveal it when it is over the wall.

Drealin

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:40:29 AM »
Since it is flying when it goes over the wall your mage can see it no matter what side he is on, so he could cast the spell to make it non-flying, before or after your creature moves.

I believe the main reason that you can't simply declare that a creature isn't flying is for simplicity, and reduced arguments/problems in tournaments.  Since there is no marker to show if Flying is active or not, how do you remember if is flying?  How would a judge rule on whether a ranged character can attack it or not?
I think there would be to many problems to make it worth adding in, without a marker.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2013, 10:14:04 AM »
Drealin good call and correct.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Deatheux

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 09:47:32 PM »
a token flying not flying would be the confirmation of my question! so i have to cast main wings on my flyers!!!

thx for the point of view!