May 03, 2024, 08:26:15 AM

Author Topic: Flyers and the Ground  (Read 3153 times)

Jon.Ambriz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Flyers and the Ground
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:15:39 PM »
So, last night I had a few new players playing a Priestess custom and Wizard custom. The Priestess has Valshalla in the same zone as a Basilisk and gets crippled. The Priestess restores Valshalla and she takes off back into the sky. Now, the question that I could not properly answer last night was, "When Flyers attack, do they just swoop down and go back up? Or do they swoop down and land till the start of the next round?" Both players had legitimate reasons for both cases, which I could answer that Flyers come down to guard, and go back up when the guard comes off.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
That's a nice spell you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Flyers and the Ground
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2012, 03:24:35 PM »
Rule Book page 19:

If a Flying creature makes a melee attack against a non-Flying creature, it loses the Flying trait until the end of the attack and is affected by Damage Barriers and Counterstrikes as normal (the flyer must swoop down into reach to make an attack).

A Flying creature is affected by guards when it makes a melee attack, but only if it is attacking a non-Flying creature in the guard’s zone. Attacks against other Flying creatures always ignore guards.

If a Flying creature guards, it loses the Flying trait for as long as it has the guard marker.

I hope that helps
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Jon.Ambriz

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 03:30:31 PM »
Yeah, that does help, and I did read that in the rule book.

So, if I am understanding correctly, when Valshalla declares her attack and connects with the attack, she swoops down and then flies back up into the air on the same turn?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
That's a nice spell you have there. It'd be a shame if something happened to it.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 03:39:16 PM »
Quote from: "Jon.Ambriz" post=2985
Yeah, that does help, and I did read that in the rule book.

So, if I am understanding correctly, when Valshalla declares her attack and connects with the attack, she swoops down and then flies back up into the air on the same turn?

As long as what she is attacking is on the ground she has to fly down to reach it. Then after counter strike and damage barriers happen she flies back up.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage