May 05, 2024, 08:19:43 AM

Author Topic: video coverage  (Read 2905 times)

Insidiae

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
video coverage
« on: October 01, 2013, 01:07:13 AM »
Hi all,

I would like to see some video coverage from the tournaments and events that takes place in this game community.
I  feel that there are no, or at least too few videos on youtube of pro players playing together.
I'm from Sweden so my chance to join the major events or tournaments is quite limitet.

Please film and upload any kind of mage wars game you play. I just love watching people play this game!

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: video coverage
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 02:16:02 PM »
As a german player i strongly second that!

German version isn't even out yet, i soaked up all existing video material pretty fast and despite my girlfriend, who has even better english skills than i have, i have a hard time finding opponents (even though a few friends showed interest in the game as such, coming from a mtg-background) since the loved diversity and overwhelming cardmass (sadly not everyone enjoys reading and the non native language makes it even harder)

Please more videos of actual gameplay, somehow i cannot jump into ONTCG because i'd love to see social interaction and the material moved to share some laughter - or some more theorycrafting, alterned play.... i'd even watch new reviews :D
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 02:22:00 PM »
Have you looked at Charmyna's twitch page he has at least a half-dozen games recorded their:

http://www.twitch.tv/charmyna

Even better for you he is Deutsch....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »
Thanks for the link, not quite what i expected (no talking, OCTGN) but at least something and from what i read charmyna is one of the best players and theorycrafter on the forum/out there!

More community work, international tournaments, whatever, just MageTalk for MageNerds
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.

HomelessJoe

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:51:02 AM »
I too would love more playthrough videos. Especially tournament play. It's one thing to read tactics, book construction, etc. It's another to see how it's playing.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2013, 08:59:54 AM »
Hey if you are in western germany you could pick up some dutch players.  I am in Arnhem in the east of The Netherlands.  Am quite happy to beat Germans  :D

Also it has been released at Essen so there should be more german players around now

aquestrion

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2013, 12:47:21 PM »
 P9q92dqp2wls
Sow