May 16, 2024, 09:05:29 PM

Author Topic: That burning sensation is not an STD ---- You're on Fire!  (Read 4694 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
That burning sensation is not an STD ---- You're on Fire!
« on: August 09, 2012, 10:46:41 PM »
AKA how to deal with burn DOT (Damage Over Time) and fire damage

Rule 1 Use the proper protection

Cloaks

Items like the Elemental Cloak will be lower the amount of damage dice rolled when your attacked
[spoiler]
[attachment=24]ElementalCloak.JPG[/attachment]
[/spoiler]

Armor
Remember that you can have several items with similar effects as long as they are not in the same equip slot.  
[spoiler]
[attachment=25]DragonscaleHauberk.JPG[/attachment]
[/spoiler]
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Sparkytbg

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: burning sensation is not an STD ---- Your on Fire
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 07:27:37 AM »
Geyser is a must have.  With how deadly even 2 or 3 burn can be, you need to way to stop it quickly.

1unatic

Re: That burning sensation is not an STD ---- You're on Fire!
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 02:39:01 PM »
Just wanted to give a quick annotation.

The Elemental Cloak and Dragonscale Hauberk offer protection against Fire attacks with the Flame Damage Type Modifier -2 trait.  This lowers the total damage dice rolled for the attack and, more importantly, lowers the result of the effect die roll, thereby decreasing the chance that you receive burns in the first place.  However, once the burn is already on your creature, the damage it deals is considered direct and penetrates both the Flame Damage Type Modifier and armor value of the creature.

Another way to deal with burn conditions that are already on you is with condition removal effects provided by spells such as Lay Hands or through the Priestess's built-in Restore ability.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: burning sensation is not an STD ---- Your on Fire
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 03:48:08 PM »
Quote from: "1unatic" post=372
Just wanted to give a quick annotation.

The Elemental Cloak and Dragonscale Hauberk offer protection against Fire attacks with the Flame Damage Type Modifier -2 trait.  This lowers the total damage dice rolled for the attack and, more importantly, lowers the result of the effect die roll, thereby decreasing the chance that you receive burns in the first place.  However, once the burn is already on your creature, the damage it deals is considered direct and penetrates both the Flame Damage Type Modifier and armor value of the creature.

Another way to deal with burn conditions that are already on you is with condition removal effects provided by spells such as Lay Hands or through the Priestess's built-in Restore ability.

This brings up my next point knowing how the cards work. A good thing to remember is that fire types spells tend to stay in the 0-1 range and very few 2s.

[spoiler]
[attachment=28]Ranges.PNG[/attachment]
[/spoiler]
Blue = Caster
Red  = Range 1
Yellow = Range 2
Green = Range 3

By using walls correctly you can cut down on the number of targets the mage can see without moving.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2013, 09:46:18 AM »
I do not fear your elemental cloak, that is what explode is for :)

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2013, 10:04:49 AM »
I do not fear your elemental cloak, that is what explode is for :)

Seriously stop troll resurrecting old topics... This topic is more than a year old.

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2013, 11:14:30 AM »
I am new to the forums so all of these posts are new to me, if you know it is a old post then simply don't read my replies

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 12:12:23 PM »
I am new to the forums so all of these posts are new to me, if you know it is a old post then simply don't read my replies

I am asking nicely.

Please do not necro 3+ month old threads. If it has not been responded to in that long the discussion is over.  8)