May 02, 2024, 07:43:05 AM

Author Topic: Reveal Enchantments - Chains of Agony  (Read 5668 times)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Reveal Enchantments - Chains of Agony
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:18:37 AM »
I got this from a PM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have a heated debate here IRL. Chains of Agony was hidden on my mage. I moved my mage two zones with him watching me. I took my hand off my card. He then looks at me, oh I need to reveal that Enchantment.

He is saying that I didn't give him a chance to reveal his Enchantment before I move. Which I consider to be removing my hand from my card after moving.

In a causal, meh, but how would this be handled in a tourney?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Response

Player A say that they are going to activate the creature and turns the marker over.
Player A  is not required to state what the action will be.
Player A  then asks if the other player wishes to active any enchantments.

If nobody wants to then Player A does a move action. If the other player states that they want to reveal CoA can be revealed or not but it will not affect the previous move action (the move action trigger has passed)

Player A say that they are going another action for this same creature. They do not state if it is a Guard, QC, move or quick attack. Player A  then asks if the other player wishes to active any enchantments.

Player A must give time between each part of the full action for any other player to reveal enchantments, but if this was done you do not go back and ask again now that the other player knows what Player A is going to do.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

lukard

Re: Reveal Enchantments - Chains of Agony
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 02:10:41 PM »
I had experienced similar issue before and adopted similar approach for this problem.

Before rolling attack dice I also ask if my opponent wants to do anything.

In my opinion, revealing enchantment rules are very clear. However, timing issues might come up, specially in a tight match where players are focused on their action outcomes.

For instance, the rule book states that you can reveal an enchantment: "Immediately after a creature completes its move action, but before it takes a quick action". But we normally say "my creature moves and attacks" and ideally it should be "My creature moves. Do you want to do something?... Next, my creature attacks".

I am doing the best I can to give a chance to my opponent to reveal his/her enchantments. I got better at this with more playing experience.

EDIT: Fixed typos
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 03:12:45 PM by lukard »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Reveal Enchantments - Chains of Agony
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 02:16:21 PM »
Yeah I'd respond the way you did Shadow. In a fast acting game Enchantments are hard to remember sometimes. If I think it's a Block, Nullify, or one of the reverses I always ask "Ok laying this down on ya, got anything you'd like to reveal?" But with curses....oh boy.

Lukard you're right, it's taken time for me to get use to the reveal process but I've gotten better about it as I play more.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.